Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
mcurrie Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Migrate to 2017 on Windows to Zenworks 2020 appliance

Jump to solution

Looking to see if it is possible to migrate from Zenworks 2017 U4 (Embedded Database) on Windows (2012 r2) to the 2020 Virtual Appliance?

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to recall a previous version had a migration option.

Thanks,

Mark

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Migrate to 2017 on Windows to Zenworks 2020 appliance

Jump to solution

There was such a method for ZCM 11.4.x, but it was never available for ZCM 2017.  

If I had to guess, it will not be initially available with ZCM 2020.  

To achieve this in ZCM 2017 and presumably in ZCM 2020, the method is simply to install an Appliance and then migrate all services to the 2020 server.  

One item that seemed to be missing from the 2020 Docs I was reviewing today was moving Internal PostGres from one Primary to Another, which would be a key part of the process.  No doubt that oversight will be clarified over the coming days.....

--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

There was such a method for ZCM 11.4.x, but it was never available for ZCM 2017.  

If I had to guess, it will not be initially available with ZCM 2020.  

To achieve this in ZCM 2017 and presumably in ZCM 2020, the method is simply to install an Appliance and then migrate all services to the 2020 server.  

One item that seemed to be missing from the 2020 Docs I was reviewing today was moving Internal PostGres from one Primary to Another, which would be a key part of the process.  No doubt that oversight will be clarified over the coming days.....

--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
mcurrie Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution
Thanks Craig,
I thought you would be across it.
Cheers,
Mark Currie
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.