Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Modify network settings .zmg image

Hello,

I've made an image with Zenworks but I forgot before I lauched sysprep to set the network settings to DHCP. For the moment the image is build with an static ip. Everytime when I build an image, I have to remind to set the IP adress to dhcp, otherwise there are ip conflicts...
Is it possible with ZENworks Image Explorer v7.0.1 to modify the network settings?
Tnx!
Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Modify network settings .zmg image

sco;1697405 wrote:
Hello,

I've made an image with Zenworks but I forgot before I lauched sysprep to set the network settings to DHCP. For the moment the image is build with an static ip. Everytime when I build an image, I have to remind to set the IP adress to dhcp, otherwise there are ip conflicts...
Is it possible with ZENworks Image Explorer v7.0.1 to modify the network settings?
Tnx!

If you have a common base image and are using driver addon images to account for different machine types you may wish to put netset.exe with a configured netset.inf file (Windows 2000 Resource Kit) and call netset at the end of the cmdlines.txt file with something like the following:

"c:\windows\netset.exe c:\windows\netset.inf"

So end result would be network settings are set via netset.inf once you bring down your image. Clear as mud?

Or.. potentially you could push down netset.exe/netset.inf and fire it in the startup menu to run during login? I've never tried it..

I can see how attempting to configure DHCP using a Reg key may be difficult as I believe it would be nic specific. But if you were to give it a try you would look here;

System Key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\{Adapter}\
Parameters\Tcpip]
Value Name: EnableDHCP
Data Type: REG_DWORD (DWORD Value)
Value Data: (0 = DHCP Disabled, 1= DHCP Enabled)

Create the .reg file and within image explorer.. clieck "image" then "add registry file".

Food for thought if nothing else.

kevgo.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.