Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
jeffb6000 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Multiple devices with the same name

Hello,

Noticed an odd thing while updating Zen. I have so far seen 4 PC with the same Device Name in the Zen Adaptive Agent properties. This presents a problem for me when updating the agent. Can someone tell me how I can edit or add devices on ZCC? Thanks.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
6 Replies
nop19832 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Multiple devices with the same name

jeffb6000 wrote:

>
> Hello,
>
> Noticed an odd thing while updating Zen. I have so far seen 4 PC with
> the same Device Name in the Zen Adaptive Agent properties. This presents
> a problem for me when updating the agent. Can someone tell me how I can
> edit or add devices on ZCC? Thanks.

Are they not shown in the ZCC? Or is the device name only listed one time?

--
Niels

-- Niels I have always liked... Cowabunga! If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. A member must be logged in before s/he can assign reputation points.
0 Likes
jeffb6000 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

device name is only showing once but I have seen the IP address to that device change to the 4 PC's IP address.
0 Likes
nop19832 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

jeffb6000 wrote:

>
> device name is only showing once but I have seen the IP address to that
> device change to the 4 PC's IP address.

I don't think I understand what you mean? 🙂

--
Niels

-- Niels I have always liked... Cowabunga! If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. A member must be logged in before s/he can assign reputation points.
0 Likes
jeffb6000 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sorry, I know its confusing. Lets just say the device is only listed once.
0 Likes
nop19832 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

jeffb6000 wrote:

>
> Sorry, I know its confusing. Lets just say the device is only listed
> once.

Okay. Did you see Kevins (kjhurni) suggestions?

--
Niels

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

jeffb6000;2231345 wrote:
device name is only showing once but I have seen the IP address to that device change to the 4 PC's IP address.

Are you using DHCP? Unless you're at static IP's, or all 4 devices are actually on at the same time, I'd expect the IP's to change sometimes.

One way to tell if you have a conflict is to go into the Inventory tab and see if the serial numbers match up with what's in the summary screen.

I'd also check (on the summary screen) what the device GUID is in the ZCC and then visit each of the 4 devices and see if they perhaps have the same GUID.

I ran into a situation (not sure how, Novell was never able to tell me how) 2 machines had the same GUID, so only one device showed up in the ZCC, but the ZAM inventory would show different information.

I ended up having to manually clear out the ZISD and the deviceguid files on the one workstation and re-register it to fix it.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.