Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Need to export all Bundles Attributes

We need the list and attributes of all our windows 7 bundles to process in another application.
The reporting server seems not to work.
So the only chance I see is to go directly into the ZCM Database.
I have searched already but found only the ZBUNDLE Table, which holds some of the information.
It is missing some information like the Administrator notes which I desperatly need.

So: is there a documentation for the database with it's tables and relations?
Does anybody know which tables I have to plunder to get my information?
Thomas
Labels (2)
0 Likes
10 Replies
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Ball bwb,
> We need the list and attributes of all our windows 7 bundles to process
> in another application.

Why not use zman be? Bundle Export?

--
Anders Gustafsson (NKP)
The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Have an idea for a product enhancement? Please visit:
http://www.novell.com/rms

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I don't need the Bundle, but the List of all bundles with their attributes and relation to the corrosponding hardware group.
As far as I understand, zman only exports one bundle with it's actions and files, so it can be imported into another ZCM system.

I am not an administrator, so I can't try the commands. Our guys gave me read access to the ZCM Database though. The information has to be there and it's the only way I know to get to it.

In the future we need th get the whole Process automated. For this an database access is the best way.

Thomas
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Ball bwb,
> In the future we need th get the whole Process automated. For this an
> database access is the best way.

OK. Let me ask Novell

--
Anders Gustafsson (NKP)

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

AndersG;2288063 wrote:

OK. Let me ask Novell

It has been a very long conversation then...
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

A while back I posted a SQL query that covers a fair amount of the bundle schema in this forum. Search on my username. Note that my query gets all bundle versions and not just the last one but it's a start. Much of the detail is held in large XML blobs which you will need to parse, so zman may be your best bet anyway.

Cheers
Jon
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Spgsitsupport,
> It has been a very long conversation then...

I apparently never got a reply...

--
Anders Gustafsson (NKP)

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Anders,

to be fair, it would have been me that you asked: I guess I never got a
reply from engineering 🙂

--

Shaun Pond
in my "day job" I work for ENGL; our aim is to make Windows deployment
easy

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[After writing this, I realized that the bulk of this thread is from 2013!]

I have a little process that I use to export all the XML files for all bundles, so we can search for certain things (for example, where we have used "setacl", or a given registry key.) Curiously, this is the only way I know to also get to the creation date.

If I understand what you're saying, maybe "ZMAN blas" might work. But I am not sure what you mean by bundle "attributes" beyond that. It is definitely worth getting the reporting server working for this, though as we're still on 11.2.4, I prefer to use the old Infoview server. The new reporting seems faster & able to handle a larger amount of data in less time. If it's not working for you, it could be as simple as them not giving you adequate rights. But I'd far rather do this as a report.

My biggest irk with doing this type of process with ZMAN is that "ZMAN bl" gives you a text list of bundles and folders that has to be massaged significantly to get a working list that you can feed into any other process; instead of showing the full name (e.g. folder-path\bundle-name) it creates text columns that you have to re-organize and edit to show just the full reference to the bundle names. I have macros to do the bulk of this editing, but it's by far the most time-consuming part of the process. I'd far prefer an output that showed the same information I have to provide to pull the bundle details.

Seems to me that all of this would be easier to do with the reporting server, though, and just export to Excel and maybe move around the columns to get what you need for a list ... or just list off the device assignments against bundles, which is a standard report. I'm still not as comfortable with the new reporting server as I am with the old Infoview, but even I can write a report that does that kind of data. It's going to be very similar to doing the kind of query you describe anyway, just a friendlier front end.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Shaun Pond,
> to be fair, it would have been me that you asked: I guess I never got a
> reply from engineering 🙂

Yes. Did not check the date of the OP. 2 years ago... Yes, it is all
Shaun's fault 🙂

--
Anders Gustafsson (NKP)

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Anders,

...it usually is

--

Shaun Pond
in my "day job" I work for ENGL; our aim is to make Windows deployment
easy

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.