Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
eweiss Absent Member.
Absent Member.

New Linux network driver for Latitude E5450

I'm having a problem booting a Dell Latitude E5450 into Imaging Maintenance Mode. After the Zenwork Imaging splash screen it tells me it could not find the ZENworks Repository. The only error I can see in the Module Output is insmod: error inserting , /modules/powernow-k8.ko': -1 No such device

Does this mean I need a new network driver for Dell Latitude 5450 model laptops? I applied the current Aug 2015 PRU and it does not help.

The make is: Intel Ethernet Connection I218-LM

If this is the case, is there a relatively easy way to add the driver I need to my satellite server? Is it easier to wait for the next PRU update and pray that it has the driver I need? How do I let Novell know to add this driver to the next update without opening a SR?

All other desktops and laptops I have can image successfully from this network connection. I'm running Zenwork Imaging 11.3.

Any guidance would be appreciated.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: New Linux network driver for Latitude E5450

eweiss;2405101 wrote:
I'm having a problem booting a Dell Latitude E5450 into Imaging Maintenance Mode. After the Zenwork Imaging splash screen it tells me it could not find the ZENworks Repository. The only error I can see in the Module Output is insmod: error inserting , /modules/powernow-k8.ko': -1 No such device

Does this mean I need a new network driver for Dell Latitude 5450 model laptops? I applied the current Aug 2015 PRU and it does not help.

If this is the case, is there a relatively easy way to add the driver I need to my satellite server? Is it easier to wait for the next PRU update and pray that it has the driver I need? How do I let Novell know to add this driver to the next update without opening a SR?

All other desktops and laptops I have can image successfully from this network connection. I'm running Zenwork Imaging 11.3.

PRU has nothing to do with imaging, PRU is used by inventory... Have you applied the latest imaging update: http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=EKPhP02d0eA~ ? There seems to be a fix fox e5550 so if we are lucky the same fix apply for e5450.

Thomas
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

eweiss;2405101 wrote:

PRU has nothing to do with imaging, PRU is used by inventory... Have you applied the latest imaging update: http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=EKPhP02d0eA~ ? There seems to be a fix fox e5550 so if we are lucky the same fix apply for e5450.

Thomas
0 Likes
eweiss Absent Member.
Absent Member.

thsundel;2405138 wrote:

Thomas

Thanks, will try this and let you know.
0 Likes
eweiss Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Your recommendation fixed my issue. Thank you.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

eweiss;2405218 wrote:
Your recommendation fixed my issue. Thank you.

Great!

Thomas
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.