Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
aschott Absent Member.
Absent Member.

No Discovery

Hey all,

Trying out ZENworks for the first time. I've got a fresh install of ZCM and OES on SUSE in ESXi. I'm at the point where I'm ready to Discovery the devices on my network (or so I think). I have an XP Pro box set as my Windows Proxy.

I've tried a few things already. I did an LDAP Discovery fine, but all we have in there is our severs. Whenever I try to do an IP Discovery (using MAC, ZEN, SSH, SNMP, and WinAPI), whether to a specific address or at my DHCP range, the task finishes immediately with 0 results.

I've look through the Docs and other posts and I don't see anything really matching what I have happening here. Any ideas?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: No Discovery

aschott,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your
posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply.

Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options:

- Visit http://support.novell.com and search the knowledgebase and/or check all
the other self support options and support programs available.
- You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted in the
correct newsgroup. (http://forums.novell.com)

Be sure to read the forum FAQ about what to expect in the way of responses:
http://forums.novell.com/faq.php

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept our apologies
and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our posting bot.

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://support.novell.com/forums/

0 Likes
Techlord Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Need more information. Tell me about your network, are all the machines on the same network and subnet if not are they properly routed to each other, as well, are they subnet routed, is there any firewalling in between them, or are they just routed. is the windows firewall on, on the windows machine.

Anyways, this would be a good starting place. Hopefully we can help you with this info.

aschott;1900001 wrote:
Hey all,

Trying out ZENworks for the first time. I've got a fresh install of ZCM and OES on SUSE in ESXi. I'm at the point where I'm ready to Discovery the devices on my network (or so I think). I have an XP Pro box set as my Windows Proxy.

I've tried a few things already. I did an LDAP Discovery fine, but all we have in there is our severs. Whenever I try to do an IP Discovery (using MAC, ZEN, SSH, SNMP, and WinAPI), whether to a specific address or at my DHCP range, the task finishes immediately with 0 results.

I've look through the Docs and other posts and I don't see anything really matching what I have happening here. Any ideas?
0 Likes
aschott Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We don't have anything segmented. One subnet, no routers, just a bunch of swtches; it's not that big of a network. Windows Firewall is turned on for a number of machines, so I wouldn't be surprised by seeing a low number. Aside from that there's just the firewall on the gateway. The kicker is that the task I've set for a single IP discovery (as opposed to a ip range) is a Windows XP machine that's completely open right now, and it returns 0 discovered.

Would SUSE have a firewall getting in the way?

Techlord;1901948 wrote:
Need more information. Tell me about your network, are all the machines on the same network and subnet if not are they properly routed to each other, as well, are they subnet routed, is there any firewalling in between them, or are they just routed. is the windows firewall on, on the windows machine.

Anyways, this would be a good starting place. Hopefully we can help you with this info.
0 Likes
aschott Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Also, I had disabled the firewall in SUSE on installation. Just disabled AppArmor, no difference. I can ping to and from the server, so I'm not sure why my tasks go immediately from Pending to Finished.

Techlord;1901948 wrote:

0 Likes
aschott Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Had to reinstall the server. I originally installed it at a different location, so the dns suffix was different than the network i was at. I changed everything on the network interface, but the ZENwork server's instance name still had the old suffix.

Discoveries are working now!

aschott;1900001 wrote:
Hey all,

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.