Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Office 2003 msi installation with ZCM10

I'm trying to figure out the best way to deploy office 2003 on to a workstation attached to a user account with user level restricted right on a windows XP OS.

When I create the bundle with my custom mst file and have it lunch it successfully download but when it executes I receive a bad data stub error.

Any body have any tricks to install office 2003 using zenworks with users level restricted rights?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Office 2003 msi installation with ZCM10

valenza;1843177 wrote:
I'm trying to figure out the best way to deploy office 2003 on to a workstation attached to a user account with user level restricted right on a windows XP OS.

When I create the bundle with my custom mst file and have it lunch it successfully download but when it executes I receive a bad data stub error.

Any body have any tricks to install office 2003 using zenworks with users level restricted rights?

Have you tried manually installing office 2003 with your mst?

No problems with our deployment of office2003 with mst created with Microsoft office 2003 customization wizard (installed with the dynamic administrator option).

Thomas
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have tested it manually with admin rights and it works fine. I will give that a try with the dynamic asmin option and keep you posted.

Thx
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Worked like a charm.

Thanks.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

valenza;1846659 wrote:
Worked like a charm.

Thanks.

Nice 🙂

Thomas
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.