Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

PXE Boot

I cannot get my clients to PXE boot, I can however boot with a cd and query for work and it picks up the work that I have given the client from the ZCM console.

novell-tftp is running, I did a netstat -a and I can see that tftp is in fact running. They are on the same vlan, and I have never had an issue with ZFD 7. Does the novell-proxydhcp need to be running in an environment that I have descirbed?

I have tried setting debug on the log files pertaining to preboot services, but I don't see anything going by in the logs.

Any ideas?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: PXE Boot

Do you run DHCP server on the same server as ZCM?

Thomas
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Cgrossko,

> Does the novell-proxydhcp need to be running in an
> environment that I have descirbed?
>

assuming this is a different subnet than your ZDM7 server, yes

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

No, DHCP is served from a Netware 6.5 box. They are on the same subnet.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Cgrossko,

not whatI was saying - you implied that pdhcp was already running on
your zdm7 server.

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

answered my own question. I turned pdhcp on and the rest was magic.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Cgrossko,

nice

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.