Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

PXEMenu Image script

I have edited the PXEmenu file to include a submenu for a WIndows 7 Image script. I have created the cfg file and have it pointing to the w7x86.s file but it can't seem to find the script. I have basically copied the Z_auto.cfg file but the end now has IMGCMD="w7x86.s" added. I have placed the script at the root of the tftp folder where the pxemenu file is located.

Is this not the correct area? Is there a better way to launch the image script for this menu?

Thanks

Rich
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: PXEMenu Image script

I believe you have to make the script executable with the "chmod" command in your settings.txt file. Here is the entry in our script:

tftp $PROXYADDR -c get /scripts/Win7.s /bin/Win7.s
cd /bin
chmod +x /bin/Win7.s

We have a folder at the root of tftp called "scripts" as you can see from above, so adjust that as needed.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

So there is no way to keep the Z_Auto the way it is and call the bash script from the submenu? Ultimately what I am looking at doing is setting up a submenu for multicast session so that the additional help I have really don't have to think when reimaging systems this summer. Am I just going about this the wrong way?

Thanks for the help.

Rich
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We have the same command as nheyne. We default to the z_maint.cfg and bypass the standard menu. Bypassing the default menu give us more flexibility and control. We have added several boot options that point to different folders (ie \srv\tftp\boo2clt) to reimage linux workstations, xp, winpe, and w7 computers from the preboot menu. One option allows our teachers type 'clt' at the menu and it reimages the computer without any prompts. Generally our script prompts through a computer naming process. We do the same for multicast.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes, you could leave it the way it is as long as you input that string into your settings.txt. It loads up just before the pxemenu I think, and besides that it sounds like you're doing it exactly like we are.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.