Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Pause agent zenwork services?

Hi,

Is there a  way to stop all Zenworks services on the pc running the Windows agent?

Some of our PC needs all CPU ressources available, and sometimes Zenwork is eating too much CPU.

I know that I could stop services with powershell and such, but I want to make sure I stop the right services and also restart them at the end of the day.

Any ideas what I could do?

0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

ZCM should use little if any resources unless it is actively doing something.  

May want to look to see when you schedule stuff such as "Inventory Scan", "Patch Scans", etc....

Make sure you have proper AV Exclusions, so that when those thing run....

You can also configure most pushes to prompt the user, so the user could optionally accept them, or configure them to run during off hours when nobody is logged in.

--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.