Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Policy to only view, no control settings

I want to allow an admin to view a users device without giving them control of the mouse. When I created the policy I set it to remote view only, no remote control, but when I then try to remote to the device to view I get a msg telling me remote control is not allowed on the device. If I turn on remote control in the policy then I can get to the device but I can use their mouse Basically I just want them to be able to view but not to have control of the mouse or keyboard, is there a way to do this as I cant seem to find it in the policy settings and I dont see a link in the Workstation Tasks that says remote view as an option. Thanks in advance..
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Policy to only view, no control settings

Rodriguezh,

when you choose "Remote Control..." the dialog box has a drop down with
Remote Control, Remote View and Remote Execute...

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Duh 🙂 thanks, totally overlooked that drop down!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Rodriguezh,

🙂

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.