Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
akeaveney Absent Member.
Absent Member.
1031 views

Primary Server - No Content role all of a sudden

Hi

We have ZCM Version 10.3.0 running on SLES10 Servers in our setup.

We have 2 primary Servers, but all of a sudden the content role has disappeared on the first Server. So if you click Devices | Servers | SLES1 | Content (tab) it returns:

'No content status to display because device does not have a content role'

If I click Configuration | Primary Server Replication it only lists the second Server and not the first one.

Under Configuration | Server Hierarchy we also have the Sat Servers listed under both Primary Servers so nothing has changed.

My colleague noticed the problem adding a new bundle and we saw disk space on the first Server was around 1.3GB. So I cleared some space and it is now around 10GB free.

Since then I have created a new bundle and within the ZCC.LOG I have seen the following messages appear:

06 Mar 2013 08:36:25 ReplicationBaseSet..423 :Current replication mode set to: UNKNOWN
06 Mar 2013 08:45:28 ReplicationBaseSet..423 :Current replication mode set to: REPLICATION_ALL_SERVERS
06 Mar 2013 08:49:20 ReplicationBaseSet..423 :Current replication mode set to: REPLICATION_ALL_SERVERS
06 Mar 2013 09:36:25 ReplicationBaseSet..423 :Current replication mode set to: UNKNOWN


I have also tried renaming the content-repo folder on SLES1 and it does recreate itself and copy the content back across showing replication is working.

Finally if I run novell-zenworks-configure -c SystemStatus this error gets returned:


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

_______ _ _ _
|_ / __| \| Novell_____ _ _| |_____
/ /| _|| .` \ V V / _ \ '_| / (_-<
/___|___|_|\_|\_/\_/\___/_| |_\_Y__/ ~ v.10.3
================================================
ZENworks 10.3 Configuration Utility

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




For each prompt presented, press 'enter' to accept the (default) value, type
'back' to return to the previous action, or type 'quit' to exit.

com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.exceptions.InternalDataModelException: com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.exceptions.InternalDataModelException: java.io.EOFException
at com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.services.CertificateManagerImpl.<init>(CertificateManagerImpl.java:113)
at com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.services.CertificateManagerImpl.getDefault(CertificateManagerImpl.java:78)
at com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.services.DirectServiceStoreImpl.initialize(DirectServiceStoreImpl.java:143)
at com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.services.ServiceStoreFactory.factoryServiceStore(ServiceStoreFactory.java:182)
at com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.services.ServiceStoreFactory.factoryServiceStore(ServiceStoreFactory.java:153)
at com.novell.zenworks.configure.actions.SystemStatusConfigureAction.configure(SystemStatusConfigureAction.java:191)
at com.novell.zenworks.configure.actions.SystemStatusConfigureAction.configure(SystemStatusConfigureAction.java:157)
at com.novell.zenworks.configure.ZENworksConfigure.execConfigAction(ZENworksConfigure.java:1327)
at com.novell.zenworks.configure.ZENworksConfigure.configure(ZENworksConfigure.java:1184)
at com.novell.zenworks.configure.ZENworksConfigure.main(ZENworksConfigure.java:1103)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:592)
at com.novell.zenworks.configure.ConfigureLoader.main(ConfigureLoader.java:39)
Caused by: com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.exceptions.InternalDataModelException: java.io.EOFException
at com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.services.CertificateManagerImpl.reloadKeyStore(CertificateManagerImpl.java:172)
at com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.services.CertificateManagerImpl.<init>(CertificateManagerImpl.java:109)
... 14 more
Caused by: java.io.EOFException
at java.io.DataInputStream.readInt(DataInputStream.java:358)
at sun.security.provider.JavaKeyStore.engineLoad(JavaKeyStore.java:627)
at java.security.KeyStore.load(KeyStore.java:1150)
at com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.services.CertificateManagerImpl.reloadKeyStore(CertificateManagerImpl.java:160)
... 15 more
SEVERE: null
<>


Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Ant
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Primary Server - No Content role all of a sudden

I would recommend an SR.
This could happens sometimes on 10.3.0, but was years ago in one of the
10.3 updates.

On 3/6/2013 4:56 AM, akeaveney wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> We have ZCM Version 10.3.0 running on SLES10 Servers in our setup.
>
> We have 2 primary Servers, but all of a sudden the content role has
> disappeared on the first Server. So if you click *Devices | Servers |
> SLES1 | Content (tab)* it returns:
>
> -*'No content status to display because device does not have a content
> role'*-
>
> If I click *Configuration | Primary Server Replication* it only lists
> the second Server and not the first one.
>
> Under *Configuration | Server Hierarchy* we also have the Sat Servers
> listed under both Primary Servers so nothing has changed.
>
> My colleague noticed the problem adding a new bundle and we saw disk
> space on the first Server was around 1.3GB. So I cleared some space and
> it is now around 10GB free.
>
> Since then I have created a new bundle and within the *ZCC.LOG* I have
> seen the following messages appear:
>
> 06 MAR 2013 08:36:25 REPLICATIONBASESET..423 :CURRENT REPLICATION MODE
> SET TO: UNKNOWN
> 06 MAR 2013 08:45:28 REPLICATIONBASESET..423 :CURRENT REPLICATION MODE
> SET TO: REPLICATION_ALL_SERVERS
> 06 MAR 2013 08:49:20 REPLICATIONBASESET..423 :CURRENT REPLICATION MODE
> SET TO: REPLICATION_ALL_SERVERS
> 06 MAR 2013 09:36:25 REPLICATIONBASESET..423 :CURRENT REPLICATION MODE
> SET TO: UNKNOWN
>
>
> I have also tried renaming the content-repo folder on SLES1 and it does
> recreate itself and copy the content back across showing replication is
> working.
>
> Finally if I run *novell-zenworks-configure -c SystemStatus* this error
> gets returned:
>
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> _______ _ _ _
> |_ / __| \| NOVELL_____ _ _| |_____
> / /| _|| .` \ V V / _ \ '_| / (_-<
> /___|___|_|\_|\_/\_/\___/_| |_\_Y__/ ~ V.10.3
> ================================================
> ZENWORKS 10.3 CONFIGURATION UTILITY
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
>
>
>
> FOR EACH PROMPT PRESENTED, PRESS 'ENTER' TO ACCEPT THE (DEFAULT) VALUE,
> TYPE
> 'BACK' TO RETURN TO THE PREVIOUS ACTION, OR TYPE 'QUIT' TO EXIT.
>
> COM.NOVELL.ZENWORKS.DATAMODEL.EXCEPTIONS.INTERNALDATAMODELEXCEPTION:
> COM.NOVELL.ZENWORKS.DATAMODEL.EXCEPTIONS.INTERNALDATAMODELEXCEPTION:
> JAVA.IO.EOFEXCEPTION
> AT
> COM.NOVELL.ZENWORKS.DATAMODEL.SERVICES.CERTIFICATEMANAGERIMPL.<INIT>(CERTIFICATEMANAGERIMPL.JAVA:113)
> AT
> COM.NOVELL.ZENWORKS.DATAMODEL.SERVICES.CERTIFICATEMANAGERIMPL.GETDEFAULT(CERTIFICATEMANAGERIMPL.JAVA:78)
> AT
> COM.NOVELL.ZENWORKS.DATAMODEL.SERVICES.DIRECTSERVICESTOREIMPL.INITIALIZE(DIRECTSERVICESTOREIMPL.JAVA:143)
> AT
> COM.NOVELL.ZENWORKS.DATAMODEL.SERVICES.SERVICESTOREFACTORY.FACTORYSERVICESTORE(SERVICESTOREFACTORY.JAVA:182)
> AT
> COM.NOVELL.ZENWORKS.DATAMODEL.SERVICES.SERVICESTOREFACTORY.FACTORYSERVICESTORE(SERVICESTOREFACTORY.JAVA:153)
> AT
> COM.NOVELL.ZENWORKS.CONFIGURE.ACTIONS.SYSTEMSTATUSCONFIGUREACTION.CONFIGURE(SYSTEMSTATUSCONFIGUREACTION.JAVA:191)
> AT
> COM.NOVELL.ZENWORKS.CONFIGURE.ACTIONS.SYSTEMSTATUSCONFIGUREACTION.CONFIGURE(SYSTEMSTATUSCONFIGUREACTION.JAVA:157)
> AT
> COM.NOVELL.ZENWORKS.CONFIGURE.ZENWORKSCONFIGURE.EXECCONFIGACTION(ZENWORKSCONFIGURE.JAVA:1327)
> AT
> COM.NOVELL.ZENWORKS.CONFIGURE.ZENWORKSCONFIGURE.CONFIGURE(ZENWORKSCONFIGURE.JAVA:1184)
> AT
> COM.NOVELL.ZENWORKS.CONFIGURE.ZENWORKSCONFIGURE.MAIN(ZENWORKSCONFIGURE.JAVA:1103)
> AT SUN.REFLECT.NATIVEMETHODACCESSORIMPL.INVOKE0(NATIVE METHOD)
> AT
> SUN.REFLECT.NATIVEMETHODACCESSORIMPL.INVOKE(NATIVEMETHODACCESSORIMPL.JAVA:39)
> AT
> SUN.REFLECT.DELEGATINGMETHODACCESSORIMPL.INVOKE(DELEGATINGMETHODACCESSORIMPL.JAVA:25)
> AT JAVA.LANG.REFLECT.METHOD.INVOKE(METHOD.JAVA:592)
> AT
> COM.NOVELL.ZENWORKS.CONFIGURE.CONFIGURELOADER.MAIN(CONFIGURELOADER.JAVA:39)
> CAUSED BY:
> COM.NOVELL.ZENWORKS.DATAMODEL.EXCEPTIONS.INTERNALDATAMODELEXCEPTION:
> JAVA.IO.EOFEXCEPTION
> AT
> COM.NOVELL.ZENWORKS.DATAMODEL.SERVICES.CERTIFICATEMANAGERIMPL.RELOADKEYSTORE(CERTIFICATEMANAGERIMPL.JAVA:172)
> AT
> COM.NOVELL.ZENWORKS.DATAMODEL.SERVICES.CERTIFICATEMANAGERIMPL.<INIT>(CERTIFICATEMANAGERIMPL.JAVA:109)
> ... 14 MORE
> CAUSED BY: JAVA.IO.EOFEXCEPTION
> AT JAVA.IO.DATAINPUTSTREAM.READINT(DATAINPUTSTREAM.JAVA:358)
> AT
> SUN.SECURITY.PROVIDER.JAVAKEYSTORE.ENGINELOAD(JAVAKEYSTORE.JAVA:627)
> AT JAVA.SECURITY.KEYSTORE.LOAD(KEYSTORE.JAVA:1150)
> AT
> COM.NOVELL.ZENWORKS.DATAMODEL.SERVICES.CERTIFICATEMANAGERIMPL.RELOADKEYSTORE(CERTIFICATEMANAGERIMPL.JAVA:160)
> ... 15 MORE
> SEVERE: NULL
> <>
>
> Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> Ant
>
>



--
Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
Novell Knowledge Partner

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.

Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human.
--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
akeaveney Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Primary Server - No Content role all of a sudden

Thanks Craig we have one logged, but we have limited help seeing as it is out of support. I still haven't heard anything back and wondered if someone else had experienced the same issue.

Regards,
Anthony
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Primary Server - No Content role all of a sudden

What is the SR#?

On 3/6/2013 10:06 AM, akeaveney wrote:
>
> Thanks Craig we have one logged, but we have limited help seeing as it
> is out of support. I still haven't heard anything back and wondered if
> someone else had experienced the same issue.
>
> Regards,
> Anthony
>
>



--
Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
Novell Knowledge Partner

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.

Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human.
--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
akeaveney Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Primary Server - No Content role all of a sudden

It is SR 10818788191
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.