dgonnse Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Pro and Con of External vs Internal CA

I'm getting ready to Install ZEN 10 on a server and I'm trying to figure out weather it would be better to use an internal or external CA. I'm installing ZEN 10 on a SLES 10 SP1 server. I have no problem using an external CA and have already created the certificates using eDirectory. I just need to know what I gain or lose. Is there some advantage or disadvantage to using one or the other.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
AndrewMallett Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Pro and Con of External vs Internal CA

Generally it would be better having your CA outside of ZCM. Novell do
not provide that many tools for managing the CA. additionally there is
know redundancy as the CA is stored on the one server, whereas, one
would assume you have more than one replica of your partition that holds
your security container. Yes you can back it up but would that occur as
frequently as eDir replication.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.