Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Problem Upgrading ZCM Appliance to 2020

Jump to solution

I tried upgrading our ZCM 2017.4 appliance to ZCM 2020 (vSphere platform). Everything went fine until entering the license details. When clicking on the "continue" button after entering the license keys, nothing happened no matter how many times I clicked the button. Every time I clicked the button the browser console reported that the URL path /webjars/jquery/jquery-ui.js was giving a 404 error. Other scripts loaded fine. I tried rebooting the appliance several times, but exactly the same thing happened each time.

Has anyone else seen anything like this? Anything I can do to fix it? Is it a bug in the appliance, or a problem with our installation?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

One workaround for this from what I understand, is to switch the FDE license from "deactivate" to "evaluate" when stuck on the page where you enter license details.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Please Open an SR and Reference Defect#1159396

Since it's a bug, even if you are a school, they can probably get an SR created.  If you are unable to get one created, send me a private message.

There have been a couple of  reports, but I don't know the exact root cause but Support was able to work around it, though not by any means I can publish here.

--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

is there a fix meanwhile? Or a known work-a-round?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The current workaround will basically require a support engineer to remote in as the internal information involved cannot be released publicly.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Note: There are some plans currently to get a TID updated for Created to cover these details.  The need to get some of these processes publicly documented was discussed at least twice this week during some internal meetings.  If you do not see any update by the end of next week let me know.  I have no time frame, but the core issue is making sure the docs are updated properly for public consumption versus use by more technical internal staff.

--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

I still haven't been able to find a TID that addresses this issue. If it's there, but I'm blind, I apologise, but it feels like they're dragging their feet on this.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Is there a support ticket already raised for this issue?

If so, could you please let me know the number.

Thanks

Tarik

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

No, we have no SR open ourselves. Being an EDU we currently have no entitlements.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

One workaround for this from what I understand, is to switch the FDE license from "deactivate" to "evaluate" when stuck on the page where you enter license details.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

For the record, I finally got around to trying the upgrade again and this suggestion from @strj500 worked and I was able to complete the upgrade successfully.

Thanks all for your help.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.