Highlighted
New Member.

Problem after upgrade from ZCM 10.3 to 11.1

Last week we upgraded the ZCM primary (/etc/opt/novell/zenworks/version.txt says 11.1.0.11233). There were some problems revolving around obtaining the system update entitlement codes which were resolved very promptly on Novell's part (thanks very much Jason). If I go into Patch Management -> Subscription Service Information and look at the Subscription Service History I can see the usual daily 2:00 am processing successfully taking place for patches (the duration is usually around 20 minutes). But when I go into Patch Management and go to Patches I cannot see any patches older than November 30th. I turned off the SSL download option and tested the connectivity to the novell.cdn.lumension.com site with no problems per the troubleshooting section of the Patch Management admin docs. Is there anything else I could check?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
New Member.

Resolved. A bunch of the Zenworks jar files did not have the correct group and user ownership.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How did they get an incorrect ownership in the first place? Was it something to do with upgrade? How did you resolve it?
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

There were no problems doing the upgrade but several issues with licenses and activations. After that was resolved I couldn't see any patches so I just stumbled around the log files and then the ZenWorks file systems and saw some of the jar files (maybe a dozen) had root ownership. Very strange but at least it works now.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.