Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Admiral
Admiral

Prompt for Zenworks login during auto login

Apologize if this isn't the right sub-forum.

I've had an automated Windows 7 image for some time now using MS MDT/WDS. During the imaging process, I set registry keys for edir and AD to autoadminlogin until imaging is done. Recently, when the computer is booting during imaging and autologging in, it get stuck at the Zenworks agent login. I dont know exactly when this started, but wondering if it started when we got some SSD machines in. Maybe the login is processing too fast for zenworks to catch the edir login/password?

If I go to the machine and hit ESC or type in the password for the "install" user.. things carry on as expected.

Not sure where to start on this one 🙂 anyone think of a reason why it would prompt sometimes?

#novell on efnet
Labels (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

What version of the ZCM Agent?
--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
Admiral
Admiral

Hi Craig,

#novell on efnet
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

There were some known issues fixed in 11.4.2....

Try this GPO Setting in your Base Image....
In the Local Group Policy Editor that pops up, go to "Computer Configuration" -> "Administrative Templates" -> "System" -> "Logon" -> "Always wait for the network at computer startup and logon"
--
0 Likes
Admiral
Admiral

11.4.2 is the latest, right?

Or is there a way to bypass the login altogether? ..i.e. it logs into the workstation, but not as a user to zenworks. Or can you feed the registry login info for zenworks specifically for autologin?

#novell on efnet
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

There are some options to disable prompting and such, but it will result in no user logged in.
http://www.novell.com/documentation/zenworks114/zen11_sys_registry_keys/?page=/documentation/zenworks114/zen11_sys_registry_keys/data/bookinfo.html

ZCM 11.4.2 is the latest and at this point there are not any known issues regarding login prompts at boot.
Some were fixed in 11.4.2.
--
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.