Highlighted
New Member.

Remote Management Listener autostart?

Is it possible to start the Remote Management Listener automatically? I want our user to have the possibility to initiate remote session by "Remote Assistance Request", but I don't know how to manage the remote listener to be running all the time - without starting it manually in ZCM (Devices -> Device Tasks -> Remote Management Listener)

Thanks.
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Remote Management Listener autostart?

I'm not sure if this is possible.....
I did use process monitor to detect the process to launch as well as parameters passed....but I still could not start it via a command-line.

Are you able to Open an SR to pursue this question?
If so, that is what I would recommend and post the number back here or private message me so I can follow it.

If you are not able to create an SR, let me know and I can ask around informally.......
--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Re: Remote Management Listener autostart?

Hi,
I tried it the same way as you before opening the thread. I can start it via the command-line:

"%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Novell\ZENworks\Remote Management\bin\nzrViewer.exe" -listen 5550 -zenrights -logfile novell-zenworks-vncviewer.txt -locale english -externalCA

but when confirming Remote Session Request on managing workstation I always get "Ticket not provided for Rights Authentication" error... So the question is, how to manage zenworks to issue the ticket

So I'll open the SR and let you know
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.