gehorvath Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Remote control in FF fails after 10.2.2

Hi!

I have downloaded and applied ZCM 10.2.2 in out test system. Restarted every device (server, client). I tried to remote control a device, but it fails with the following error:

"Failed to launch Remote Management viewer. Try re-installing Remote Management viewer. If the problem persists contact Novell Technical Services."

The test system consists of two primary serververs (SLES10/11) and two windows xp devices. I used FF3.5 and FF3.0 to access ZCC. I know, that FF3.5 is not supported, but FF3.0 is supported. Remote control in IE7 works fine. I also updated the remote management viewer, but the result is the same.

Any ideas?

TIA,

Gellért
Labels (2)
0 Likes
12 Replies
Honored Contributor.

Re: Remote control in FF fails after 10.2.2

Strange.
I installed two new FFs (3.0 and 3.5) on two virtual machines, and remote control works. But not on my PC. This could be a local machine error.

I start debugging it.

Gellért
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

gehorvath;1905754 wrote:
Strange.
I installed two new FFs (3.0 and 3.5) on two virtual machines, and remote control works. But not on my PC. This could be a local machine error.

I start debugging it.

Gellért

Seen the same issue with IE also before. The solution was to remove the old plugin before installing the new one.

Thomas
0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Thanks Thomas,

but I already tried that with Windows Install Clean Up 😞

Gellért
0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

I think i found something. When the windows user name contains non english characters, then remote control fails. My windows name is "Horváth Gellért", and remote management fails. I created a new windows user called "asdf" on the same machine and the remote works fine. 😞

Gellért
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

gehorvath;1905990 wrote:
I think i found something. When the windows user name contains non english characters, then remote control fails. My windows name is "Horváth Gellért", and remote management fails. I created a new windows user called "asdf" on the same machine and the remote works fine. 😞

Gellért

Wierd.. Maybe it's a bug.

Thomas
0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Can you reproduce it?

Gellért
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

gehorvath;1906030 wrote:
Can you reproduce it?

Gellért

Yep, I created a Windows user called Jökå 🙂 and was unable to remote control.. So this seems to be a bug.

Thomas
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thsundel,

does it work in IE? If so naughty Thomas, you didn't mention FF in your
bug... 😉

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

spond;1906417 wrote:
Thsundel,

does it work in IE? If so naughty Thomas, you didn't mention FF in your
bug... 😉

--

Shaun Pond

Don't know if it works with IE, since I mostly use FF and Chrome.. Should have pointed that out though in the bug report, but you probably noticed that I used FF in the screen shot.

Thomas
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thsundel,

yeah, i tested with IE and it worked OK 😉 TID 7005055 raised for this

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Shaun,

fixed in 10.3

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.