UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Removing Zenworks adaptive Agent Icon from Desktop

Hi all,

is it possible to remove the Zenworks adaptive Agent ICON from Desktop. Im using version 10.3.2 and the Icon is kind of irretating the users...

Some Registry string perhaps?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
22 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Subscribing. Have registry fix in place currently.

DEV - ZCM 10.3.4/MS-SQL Database (2 Primaries & 2 Sats running 64-bit SLES 10.2 w/ ENGL Imaging Toolkit 7) PROD - ZCM 10.3.4/MS-SQL Database (5 Primaries & 11 Sats running 64-bit SLES 10.2 w/ ENGL Imaging Toolkit 7 ~7500 Managed Devices)
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Does it appear to be working for you? I think it was at 10.3.2, but limited testing on 10.3.3 it seems it may not be now.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

It is still working on 10.3.3. How do you have your bundle configured? I just created an empty Directive bundle that installs always on user login. I found in testing that if it was set to only run once, then the icon would come back the next time a user logged in.

- Patrick

willmw;2090647 wrote:
Does it appear to be working for you? I think it was at 10.3.2, but limited testing on 10.3.3 it seems it may not be now.

DEV - ZCM 10.3.4/MS-SQL Database (2 Primaries & 2 Sats running 64-bit SLES 10.2 w/ ENGL Imaging Toolkit 7) PROD - ZCM 10.3.4/MS-SQL Database (5 Primaries & 11 Sats running 64-bit SLES 10.2 w/ ENGL Imaging Toolkit 7 ~7500 Managed Devices)
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

patrick_reeder;2090651 wrote:
It is still working on 10.3.3. How do you have your bundle configured? I just created an empty Directive bundle that installs always on user login. I found in testing that if it was set to only run once, then the icon would come back the next time a user logged in.

- Patrick

I just took the default...which I think is intending for each login. Where do you have that set? I see under options the radio button for every user that logs in.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Oh, it looks like clearing the cache and refreshing is making it work on computers that were working previously. However, I did a couple of 64bit computers in the last couple day that it doesn't seem to be working on though. I'll double check those as well.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

spond;2085895 wrote:
Gberg,
hi shaun

is there any fix for this yet ?

Thanks

Sascha

no, there's still no long-term fix, it would have to involve a registry
key I think to stop it appearing...

--

Shaun Pond
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

This issue seems to have come back in ZCM 11 SP1. I just completed my upgrade from ZCM 11 with Primary/Satellite servers on Windows Server 2008 R2 w/ SP1 and clients on Windows 7 Enterprise w/ SP1, they all get the "ZENworks Adaptive Agent" icon on the desktop. I did not have this issue with agents running ZCM 11. As soon as the machines rebooted after the agent upgrade this was the first thing I noticed. I have not tried the regedit bundle referenced in TID 7007656 yet.....hoping a miracle patch will fall out of the sky and save me.....
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Psloat,

the same issue applies - I will update the TID to make this clear

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Solution for us (in the meanwhile zcm11.1a):
TID 7007656
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hochberg,

like I said in this thread in February? 🙂

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hochberg,

note - we have a fix for 10.3.4, an FTF for 11.1, and the fix should be
in 11.2 when it's released

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.