Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
jwdesselle1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Report showing Bundle Version

We have about 20% of our workstations that are not getting the ZCM update to version 10.0.3. They are still at version 10.0.1.

Is there any way to get a report showing all of these workstations? The console is just too slow to have to click on Configuration>System Updates>...etc.

Thanks for any advice.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
rvhskent Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Report showing Bundle Version

I've tried a bunch of angells with zcm inventory reporting to get a definitive way to have the system report the true state of the agents unsuccessfully. I tried a few different criteria but could never nail down an exact report from the canned reports. the novell person i was working with showed me a sql query for the sybase db using the sybase gui and from there I was able to see the true agent version. I don't have the query handy right this second but i think it was displaying all the zdevice fields. with some slicing and dicing in excel i was able to get a list of device agent versions. I have put in a feature request while i was working this out to have a canned report, a device screen column for agent version or even and advanced device screen sort for agent version (there's all sorts of ways to sort in ther but not by agent version).
0 Likes
Highlighted
jwdesselle1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I found the zdevice table. In the ZenAgentVersion field there is some XML code which lists the version numbers of all the bundles. Granted there are several version numbers in this field, I was able to write a "slice-n-dice" MS Access string to pull out the first Version Number:

Mid([ZenAgentVersion],InStr(1,[ZenAgentVersion],"registration")+23,8)

This looks in the string for the word 'registration' then moves to the right 23 characters, then pulls out the next 8 characters, ie: 10.0.3.2, or what ever it may be.

This is not a very definitive solution. Would you be able to send in your sql query?

Thanks

rvhskent;1663069 wrote:
I've tried a bunch of angells with zcm inventory reporting to get a definitive way to have the system report the true state of the agents unsuccessfully. I tried a few different criteria but could never nail down an exact report from the canned reports. the novell person i was working with showed me a sql query for the sybase db using the sybase gui and from there I was able to see the true agent version. I don't have the query handy right this second but i think it was displaying all the zdevice fields. with some slicing and dicing in excel i was able to get a list of device agent versions. I have put in a feature request while i was working this out to have a canned report, a device screen column for agent version or even and advanced device screen sort for agent version (there's all sorts of ways to sort in ther but not by agent version).
0 Likes
rvhskent Absent Member.
Absent Member.

jwdesselle;1663228 wrote:
I found the zdevice table. In the ZenAgentVersion field there is some XML code which lists the version numbers of all the bundles. Granted there are several version numbers in this field, I was able to write a "slice-n-dice" MS Access string to pull out the first Version Number:

Mid([ZenAgentVersion],InStr(1,[ZenAgentVersion],"registration")+23,8)

This looks in the string for the word 'registration' then moves to the right 23 characters, then pulls out the next 8 characters, ie: 10.0.3.2, or what ever it may be.

This is not a very definitive solution. Would you be able to send in your sql query?

Thanks

I'm not a database guy so I just dumped the whole zdevice table into a text file (copy and pasted after extending the total # of rows displayed from the default to 1000 so all my devices would be shown) and cut up he columns with excel.
0 Likes
grimwadem Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Heres a little SQL Script that will give you a summary. I'm sure you could easily modify it for a full device list.

SELECT SUBSTRING(ZenAgentVersion,CHARINDEX('<Version>', ZenAgentVersion)+9,8) as VERSIONNO, COUNT(ZUID) AS COUNTOFDEVICES
FROM zDevice
group by SUBSTRING(ZenAgentVersion,CHARINDEX('<Version>', ZenAgentVersion)+9,8)
0 Likes
grimwadem Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I'm no database guy either and this one is untested but should give you a zdevice table + the Agent Version.

SELECT *, SUBSTRING(ZenAgentVersion,CHARINDEX('<Version>', ZenAgentVersion)+9,8) as VERSIONNO
FROM zDevice
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.