BachmannK1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Reset Primary User and Primary Workstation

I have a lot of PCs and Users with incorrect display of primary user and primary workstation. On each workstations with wrong user I can see in the properties of the ZCM Agent the wrong user and it is never updated.

I already modified the settings in - Configuration - Device Management - Primary User ... and Primary Workstation. Currently I have a Calculation of - Usage (greatest login time) - Reset after 2 Days - and it is NOT blocked due to settings on a ZENworks folder.

Where can i reset this user/workstation? In Registry or in a ZENworks Configuration file on each machine? I even have PCs which show locally "Nicht verfügbar" (not available) but show old users in ZCC.

We are running ZCM 10.3.4 with only Win7 64bit workstations and Server W2k8r2 with an MS-SQL DB

Klaus
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Reset Primary User and Primary Workstation

BachmannK,

Have you used Action > Reset Primary User Calculation
Resets the primary user calculation schedule for the selected devices.
The next time a device refreshes its information, it reapplies the
primary user calculation method to designate its new primary user.

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
BachmannK1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hallo,

thanks a lot - I never ever saw that switch, actually it took a while until I just found it:
Devices - Workstation - Folder - Workstation : Mark either Folder or Workstations and use in menu "Action - Reset Primary User Calculation"

Thanks that should do the job

Klaus
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

BachmannK,

fingers crossed...

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.