Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Restoring an old ZCM database?

When restoring a ZENWorks database, must the server version be the same or is it possible to restore say a ZCM11 database to a ZCM 2017 primary?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
RaveNet Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Restoring an old ZCM database?

Server must be the same version. I'm not even sure the server would start services against an older version db, and even if it did, there would be errors and things broken everywhere. Content would be a total mess unless there have been no content changes for some odd reason.
Your db restore should really match not only the server version, but for best results also snapshot of server itself from same time.
why would you want to do this? If failed upgrade from 11.x-17, then roll back everything
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Restoring an old ZCM database?

It was more of a "wanted to know". I got the impression from reading the upgrade docs that ZCM, when starting, checked the database schema version and applied updates as needed. But I might have misunderstood it.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.