Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
gbarvang Absent Member.
Absent Member.

SafeGuard enterprise 5.35 on WinXP

Any one have a solution to deploy this and still keep the user authentication to the Zen Management Zone?
After installing SGE it changes the gina to sggina.dll, this breaks the passthrough authentication and even removes the user login option in the ZCM agent v 10.1.3.
This leaves us with only managed devices, not users.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
andrehegge Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: SafeGuard enterprise 5.35 on WinXP

I donÄ't know that to do with your SG version but in Safeguard Easy 4, you must change the following reg-key to nwgina.dll:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Utimaco\SGLogon\Origanal Gina = nwgina.dll

gbarvang;1764430 wrote:
Any one have a solution to deploy this and still keep the user authentication to the Zen Management Zone?
After installing SGE it changes the gina to sggina.dll, this breaks the passthrough authentication and even removes the user login option in the ZCM agent v 10.1.3.
This leaves us with only managed devices, not users.
0 Likes
gbarvang Absent Member.
Absent Member.

thank you, that seemed to do the trick 🙂
0 Likes
hans211 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

gbarvang;1768826 wrote:
thank you, that seemed to do the trick 🙂

4 me not.

We dont want to use Novell-Clients and just got a windows-net.
there isnt a reg-key like this one and there isnt a nwgina.dll...

so do i have to register the nwgina.dll and make this reg-key..?
0 Likes
hans211 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Ok. I got it.
I got safeguard Enterprise 5.40.0.152
and zenworks Agent 10.2.2.46430

You've to install SGE before installing ZenAgent otherwise I dont got the Reg-Keys.
Then look to the following key.
HKLM\Software\Ultimaco\SafeGuard Enterprise\Authentication\
and make
originalGina=msgina.dll
to
OriginalGina=nwgina.dll

maybe it works if you create the above key directly... your key doesnt work on my system.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.