Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Satellite Server Content Replication

According to the documentation all content should by default be replicated to both Primary and Satellite servers.

Running 10.2.2 and just added a new SLES11 satellite. But it seems that no contents gets replicated at all. If I go to Content > Replication Settings for the satellite, nothing is included. It is possible to check an item and have it replicated. This works.

But I would like to have the satellite replicate everything by default (so I don't have to remember to manually replicate each new bundle to the satellite). Can't seem to find option anywhere.

Where do I configure this?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Satellite Server Content Replication

Hi!

I've been wondering the same thing. With patch management there are thousands and thousands of bundles. There must be a better way to include all packages. As it is now, i can't even select all packages as they are impossible to display on the same page.

/Tobias
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Truly annoying.....,

I to was under the impression that the satelites did get "everything"
by default.

First I noticed that this was NOT the case even with our own bundles,
and now, even worse with patches,,,,,more or less manually selecting
EVERYTHING by hand to get it replicated,, and this isn't a "sticky"
so, has to be done again and agan when new patches arrive ??

On Tue, 09 Feb 2010 08:06:01 GMT, martinusen
<martinusen@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:

>
>According to the 'documentation'
>(http://www.novell.com/documentation/zcm10/zcm10_system_admin/?page=/documentation/zcm10/zcm10_system_admin/data/bafdub5.html)
>all content should by default be replicated to both Primary and
>Satellite servers.
>
>Running 10.2.2 and just added a new SLES11 satellite. But it seems that
>no contents gets replicated at all. If I go to Content > Replication
>Settings for the satellite, nothing is included. It is possible to check
>an item and have it replicated. This works.
>
>But I would like to have the satellite replicate everything by default
>(so I don't have to remember to manually replicate each new bundle to
>the satellite). Can't seem to find option anywhere.
>
>Where do I configure this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

For 10.2.x, currently there is no way of saying to replicate newer bundles to satellites. The only easier way would be to go to the satellite device's content page and select all and mark as "Include".

In 10.3, folder replication is available.This way, we can easily say "Replicate everything that falls under this folder to Satellite X". Also, we can set if a particular satellite will by default get ANY content ever created on the system automatically. Few more control as to what type of content gets replicated when is also thrown in. So we can now say "Replicate Critical patch bundles daily at 11pm and Software bundles at 5 am" and so on.

HTH
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

kvallish;1931470 wrote:
For 10.2.x, currently there is no way of saying to replicate newer bundles to satellites. The only easier way would be to go to the satellite device's content page and select all and mark as "Include".

In 10.3, folder replication is available.This way, we can easily say "Replicate everything that falls under this folder to Satellite X". Also, we can set if a particular satellite will by default get ANY content ever created on the system automatically. Few more control as to what type of content gets replicated when is also thrown in. So we can now say "Replicate Critical patch bundles daily at 11pm and Software bundles at 5 am" and so on.

HTH

Thanks. Another good reason to look forward to ZCM 10.3 🙂 Anyone knows when 10.3 hit the streets?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The RC1 is out for you at http://www.novell.com/communities/node/4067/zenworks-community-builds to get a hands on and feel good about 😉
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.