shumways Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Still on 11.2.4 -- manual imaging driver update?

My organization has not moved up to SP3 (let alone SP4) and our new batch of Dell 3020 PC's won't go into the imaging environment. I feel that our problem would be solved by simply upgrading; however I am constrained from doing that at this time.

Is it possible to get the latest or prior interim driver update and manually apply that? In the docs there is an article that describes doing that (https://www.novell.com/documentation/zenworks11/zen11_cm_preboot_imaging/data/b2cdmbg.html) and I am proceeding to do so. This is proving challenging for my limited *nix skills.

So I am wondering if there are any howtos, suggestions or updates that would be easier for a "Windows admin" to slog through.

Thanks!
Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Still on 11.2.4 -- manual imaging driver update?

Shumways,
> Is it possible to get the latest or prior interim driver update and
> manually apply that? In the docs there is an article that describes
> doing that

You mean use the latest imaging updates on 11.2.x?

Well, it would be totally unsupported, but one way would be.
1. Download and deploy the 11.4.x appliance in a separate zone, ie just
by itself
2. Patch with the latest imaging update
3. Grab /srv/tftp from that server
4. Rename /srv/tftp on your production server(s)
5. Copy in new /srv/tftp

--
Anders Gustafsson (NKP)
The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Have an idea for a product enhancement? Please visit:
https://www.novell.com/products/enhancement-request.html

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Still on 11.2.4 -- manual imaging driver update?

The Boot CD may work too.
--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.