Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
NovAlf Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Terminate Bundle Prompt encountered a problem

Hi!
Managed to set bundle group to distribute at 7:00 (AM) with WOL and availability restriction was set as 7:00 till 7:45 (AM). Device (just one for now, testing) started at 7:00 ok, just one or two bundles in this bundle group needed to be installed, other already installed. Launching was set at device refresh (which accomplished at 7:05). But via ZCC.log I see a lot of "Terminate Bundle Prompt encountered a problem: Object reference not set to an instance of an object." errors about bundles even not needed to be launched anymore. This set of errors appear twice. At 7:45 till 7:50 from ZCC info.
Any ideas?
More thanks, Alar.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Terminate Bundle Prompt encountered a problem

The Prompt Actions would fail if there is not a User Logged on....Which would be expected for a WOL Bundle.
Use Action Level System Requirements so the prompt actions do not run if a user is not logged on.
--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

CRAIGDWILSON;2399332 wrote:
The Prompt Actions would fail if there is not a User Logged on....Which would be expected for a WOL Bundle.
Use Action Level System Requirements so the prompt actions do not run if a user is not logged on.

https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7012986

Thomas
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi and thanks!
None Prompt User neither Display Message Action used in this set of bundles. And, if I had, these bundles would fail (and I get this error) as I build setup bundles for install unattended. Another thing, mostly were these bundles already installed days before and shouldn't launch at all as does not meet requirements.
More thanks, Alar.
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi again!
Today this device was woken up ok at 7:00 (7:02 in log). And ... almost same errors, this time "There is no user session available" and "ActionMan.NoUserSession". All errors time is after 7:47 till 8:08. Availability schedule was set from 7:00 till 7:45. Also, all these bundles connected to this error is installed days ago and do not meet sysreq's anymore. Also, start schedule to install was set at device boot this time.
Alar.
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi again!
Well, can't understand. Why these errors appear!? Could it be I have chosen "Show Bundle Activity"? (For case using same bundle from AppLauncher window etc.) But, in other hand, there is (in same error) bundles which don't have this option set. Also, these bundles shouldn't run at all as sysreq's not meet. And error changes. First (initially about Prompt, now User Session etc. Any ideas?
Alar.
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Nope, it is not connected to "Show Bundle Activity" setting as I tried two bundles in errors list set to launch at boot (wo availability schedule!), no such a errors. Something else is triggering these errors. Shouldn't.
Alar.
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi!
Yesterday removed from bundles group associated to device availability schedule and ... no errors today. Even this schedule did fit launch schedule – device was waked up at 7.00 and availability schedule was set 7.00 – 7.45, bundles launch at refresh or (also tried) at boot. And, must repeat myself, bundles showed in error were already installed on device and shouldn't tried to launch at all.
I'm lost a bit. Once again. 😃
More thanks, Alar.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.