NovAlf Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

The agent service is running, but the request failed for ...

Hi!
ZCM 10.3.3 on SLES 11. HP notebook, Windows 7 Pro SP1.
When WiFi is also switched on I got yellow diamond in ZCC and error "The agent service is running, but the request failed for one or more known addresses.". What this does mean? WiFi off -- green again! 😃
More thanks, Alar.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Re: The agent service is running, but the request failed for

Is the Wi-Fi connecting to an AP and getting an address. I think the error means that it sees the IP address of the Wi-Fi adapter and is not able to communicate through that address. When you turn the Wi-Fi adapter off, the wireless address goes away and all is well with communication.

--Alisia
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi and thanks!
Yes, it is connecting to an AP and getting an address. I understand that. But it is also connected via cable and connection is just fine.
More thanks, Alar.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Does the address it's getting via Wireless have a path back to the ZCM server? That was my point. If your wireless is vlan'd away from the wired network, ZCM won't be able to contact it through THAT particular address and will show the yellow diamond as a result even though it communicates fine through the wired address.

--Alisia
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi and thanks again!
Think ZCM does not get such a access as wired. Yes wireless access is vlan'd to different subnet and devices get random addresses. Anyway, if this does not interfere wired (normal) access in any way and is just, let's say, cosmetic ... it does not matter.
More thanks, Alar.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.