NOTICE: Significant community changes coming soon
The header menu and the home page on our community will be changing soon. Get more information HERE.
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Third party imaging imagex error

Jump to solution

Hello,

I'm using third party WinPE imaging since about 2 Years with ZCM2017. Imaging works perfect until Win10 1809. I tried now Win10 1909. Tried to restore a sysprepped image.  Zenworktodo says 'imagex reported an error'. Any suggestions how to troubleshoot? Is there an imagex logfile? Where at drive x: is imagex located so I can try my own commands?

regards

E. Gruber

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

/srv/tftp/efi/microsoft/boot/winpe.wim  for 64-bit MS Imaging

Note: Don't forget you can create an "Imaging Bundle", which allows you to define WinPE imaging scripts to run.  No need to modify the WIM for certain actions.

See 13.13 about adding Powershell or other Addons to the WIM if your scripts will be advanced.

https://www.novell.com/documentation/zenworks-2020/pdfdoc/zen_cm_preboot_imaging/zen_cm_preboot_imaging.pdf

--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Imagex.exe is actually not on the WinPE system by default.

However, when you go through the process of trying to create or download an imagine with WorkToDo.exe, it will download imagex.exe to the SYSTEM32 folder.

It uses the TFTPClientApplication.exe to pull it down from the Imaging Server

--
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Thank you for your answer.

After the error happened, imagex is downloaded in system32, thank you for this information. I then tried partitioning from the commandline with diskpart and after it imaging with imagex and it worked! So i will try to put my own batch files for imaging into the WinPE-Image that is booted from the Zen2017-Server. Can you tell me where I can find the winpe.wim-image that is downloaded for imaging?

regards

E.Gruber

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

/srv/tftp/efi/microsoft/boot/winpe.wim  for 64-bit MS Imaging

Note: Don't forget you can create an "Imaging Bundle", which allows you to define WinPE imaging scripts to run.  No need to modify the WIM for certain actions.

See 13.13 about adding Powershell or other Addons to the WIM if your scripts will be advanced.

https://www.novell.com/documentation/zenworks-2020/pdfdoc/zen_cm_preboot_imaging/zen_cm_preboot_imaging.pdf

--

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Thanks for your help! I didn't know that it is also possible to use scripts with winpe-imaging bundles. I will try to use it.

regards

E. Gruber

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.