Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
martinusen Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Unable to read the system settings from local cache

Neophate;1958641 wrote:
Funny how they have not have mentioned that during the SR I have open. But then again, they don't answer my questions or get back to me about it either.

I have been in contact with support and I have been testing the ftf on my satellite. We didn't get the ftf working until yesterday - so its pretty new. During the incident they were nice to respond timely.
0 Likes
patrick_reeder Absent Member.
Absent Member.

martinusen;1958634 wrote:
If you open a SR, Novell can now provide you with a ftf which can fix the problem.

Do you know if this problem could potentially affect content replication between satellites and their parent primaries?

Also, is the FTF available yet for download, or is it a fix that was rolled into SP3?

DEV - ZCM 10.3.4/MS-SQL Database (2 Primaries & 2 Sats running 64-bit SLES 10.2 w/ ENGL Imaging Toolkit 7) PROD - ZCM 10.3.4/MS-SQL Database (5 Primaries & 11 Sats running 64-bit SLES 10.2 w/ ENGL Imaging Toolkit 7 ~7500 Managed Devices)
0 Likes
Absent Member.

patrick_reeder;1962808 wrote:
Do you know if this problem could potentially affect content replication between satellites and their parent primaries?

Also, is the FTF available yet for download, or is it a fix that was rolled into SP3?

I don't know how the bug affects the system exactly (except that it polutes your log files with lots errors).

The fix is not rolled into SP3. According to Novell it should be in 10.3.1. I think you have to request the ftf by opening a SR (refer to TID 7005698)
0 Likes
patrick_reeder Absent Member.
Absent Member.

martinusen;1962876 wrote:
I don't know how the bug affects the system exactly (except that it polutes your log files with lots errors).

The fix is not rolled into SP3. According to Novell it should be in 10.3.1. I think you have to request the ftf by opening a SR (refer to TID 7005698)

Thanks. We currently have an SR open with them about some strange content replication issues. Hopefully we can squeeze that one in there as well. Appreciate the help.

DEV - ZCM 10.3.4/MS-SQL Database (2 Primaries & 2 Sats running 64-bit SLES 10.2 w/ ENGL Imaging Toolkit 7) PROD - ZCM 10.3.4/MS-SQL Database (5 Primaries & 11 Sats running 64-bit SLES 10.2 w/ ENGL Imaging Toolkit 7 ~7500 Managed Devices)
0 Likes
floort Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have also this problem:

Error: [5/14/10 8:37:45 AM] Settings Module SettingsModule.SettingsReadErrorFromLocalCache Unable to read the system settings from local cache.

I have open an SR and asked for the FTF.

My satelitte /primary's are 10.3 clean install.

Is there a way to reproduce the error?
I don't know what i had done to get the error.

If i know that i can test the coming ftf!
0 Likes
Absent Member.

floort;1975355 wrote:

Is there a way to reproduce the error?
If i know that i can test the coming ftf!

The problem occurs everytime the agent refreshes, so if you do a
zac ref

on the server you should get the error.

/Anders
0 Likes
floort Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ok i will wait for the ftf, and test it (if i receive an ftf)
0 Likes
floort Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have test the ftf but it doesn't work.
Still the same error on my satellite: Settings Module SettingsModule.SettingsReadErrorFromLocalCache Unable to read the system settings from local cache.

Also still have an SR, but that takes soooo long.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

floort;1982569 wrote:
I have test the ftf but it doesn't work.
Still the same error on my satellite: Settings Module SettingsModule.SettingsReadErrorFromLocalCache Unable to read the system settings from local cache.

Also still have an SR, but that takes soooo long.

Did you remove
/var/opt/novell/zenworks/zmd/cache/settings/settings.tftp.title.xml
after you installed the ftf?
If not try to remove it. Not sure, but I think you have to stop the agent service (or all the novell services) during removal of the file.

After removal start the service(s) and do a "zac ref"

/Anders
0 Likes
floort Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello, yes i've done that and did the zac cc /zac ref after that. that brings down a new settings.tftp.title.xml

but still the problem
0 Likes
jwebb1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Any updates on this problem? I'm seeing the same error on 10.3 on my SLES10 satellites. Also, I'm using the TFTP replication feature.

Jim
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

This is scheduled to be fixed in 10.3.1.

I believe a patch may be available for ZCM 10.3.0.
One was created for 10.2.2, but did not make ZCM 10.3.0 due to timing.
I presume a 10.3.0 copy was made, but am not sure.

On 6/22/2010 10:06 AM, jwebb wrote:
>
> Any updates on this problem? I'm seeing the same error on 10.3 on my
> SLES10 satellites. Also, I'm using the TFTP replication feature.
>
> Jim
>
>

--
Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
Novell Knowledge Partner

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.

Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human.
--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
floort Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I hope this will be another fix than the one i have received 3 weeks ago, because that one is not working. Still have the problem (ZCM 10.3 satellite SLES 11)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.