Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
Saget25
New Member.

Unwanted ZAP window auto launching since ZCM 2017

Hi,

I am wondering if some of you have experienced ZAP Windows popping up randomly at user login on some of the managed workstations ?

We have this issue since Zenworks 2017, now we are at 2a and still have the problem.

We don't want to remove the application from the start manually because if we do that the Zenworks tray notification icon won't be there anymore...

Any idea how to fix this ?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
8 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Unwanted ZAP window auto launching since ZCM 2017

Are you using ZENworks Explorer Configuration Policies?

anto28;2488702 wrote:
Hi,

I am wondering if some of you have experienced ZAP Windows popping up randomly at user login on some of the managed workstations ?

We have this issue since Zenworks 2017, now we are at 2a and still have the problem.

We don't want to remove the application from the start manually because if we do that the Zenworks tray notification icon won't be there anymore...

Any idea how to fix this ?
--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

There is a known issue on 17.2 that is the ZENworks System Tray Icon is set to Hidden,
Then the ZAPP Window will always start.....

This is Bug#1067864 and a patch is available for 17.1 and 17.2
The issue is resolved in 17.3 w/o a patch.

So if you have a policy that is Hiding the System Tray Icon...you could set it to not hidden or if it needs to be hidden, you could try the patch....
--
0 Likes
Saget25
New Member.

We dont have any policies regarding ZAP.

We only tried a few manipulation to try to stop ZAP from launching at every user login. We use ZAP for the technicians to deploy apps so the regular users have no idea what this window is about...

We tried removing the ZAPP-launcher.exe from the startup but if we do that then we end up with no Zenworks icon in the tray.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hard to say...there are a few misc ZAPP patches for update 2, but for this issue it would only seem to apply for a ZENworks Configuration Explorer Policy was in place....
(Could try those or Update 3 which has them all rolled in...but really hard to say if they would help...)

Perhaps there are some error in then "Run" registry key parameters....
Compare those devices with default values on an agent install....
--
0 Likes
Saget25
New Member.

CRAIGDWILSON;2488785 wrote:
Hard to say...there are a few misc ZAPP patches for update 2, but for this issue it would only seem to apply for a ZENworks Configuration Explorer Policy was in place....
(Could try those or Update 3 which has them all rolled in...but really hard to say if they would help...)

Perhaps there are some error in then "Run" registry key parameters....
Compare those devices with default values on an agent install....

Yeah i did compare the registry settings on the devices that have the problem and they have the same settings.

As for the Policy, we didn't had one unless a default one was introduced with Zenworks 2017 + versions ?

In Update 3 i saw that there were BUGS fixed about ZAPP but i wasn't able to get the détails about them.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

There were not any known issues outside of the presence of ZENworks Explorer Configuration Policies being set that could cause this.
However...it is always possible that those fixes would help you....hard to say since AFAIK there have not been any other reports of this issue.

anto28;2488878 wrote:
Yeah i did compare the registry settings on the devices that have the problem and they have the same settings.

As for the Policy, we didn't had one unless a default one was introduced with Zenworks 2017 + versions ?

In Update 3 i saw that there were BUGS fixed about ZAPP but i wasn't able to get the détails about them.
--
0 Likes
Saget25
New Member.

Craig,

Can you let me know if the following fixed but is for the issue we currently have ?

Bug 1067864 ZAPP is auto launching when login - ZAM only

Source:
https://support.microfocus.com/kb/doc.php?id=7023221

Thank you !
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

That relates to having a ZENworks Explorer Configuration Policy.
It is possible that fixes around the ZEC Policy may indirectly help you....but w/o knowing why it is happening to you it is impossible to say.
There are not any known/reported issues of such random launching for no reason.....

A ZEC Policy can initiate the starting of ZAPP and depending on timing is why sometimes there was an errant launch.

Mostly likely something somewhere is generating extra ZAPP launches....

anto28;2489810 wrote:
Craig,

Can you let me know if the following fixed but is for the issue we currently have ?

Bug 1067864 ZAPP is auto launching when login - ZAM only

Source:
https://support.microfocus.com/kb/doc.php?id=7023221

Thank you !
--
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.