Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Update 4 Question

I was trying to download Update 4 through System Updates, but it said error. It said to try deleting the update so I did, but it deleted Update 3. I tried deleting Update 4 again. It deleted the 3a Update (which I didn't have installed).

Now I'm importing Update 4 manually, but do I need to import Update 3 again. I know I have an issue with early 11.x versions where the updates required the update before it to be imported before it would install.

Are they all-inclusive now, so I don't need any previous updates?

EDIT: After waiting a few minutes and Checking for Updates again, my previous updates showed back up and Update 3 is Baselined still. Update 4 appears to be importing still.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Update 4 Question

On 1/31/2019 12:14 PM, farmersLSD wrote:
>
> I was trying to download Update 4 through System Updates, but it said
> error. It said to try deleting the update so I did, but it deleted
> Update 3. I tried deleting Update 4 again. It deleted the 3a Update
> (which I didn't have installed).
>
> Now I'm importing Update 4 manually, but do I need to import Update 3
> again. I know I have an issue with early 11.x versions where the
> updates required the update before it to be imported before it would
> install.
>
> Are they all-inclusive now, so I don't need any previous updates?
>
>

It is an cumulative update previous version is not required.

Jim
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Update 4 Question

Thanks. Just wanted to verify.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.