Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Uploading WinPE image to ZCM 11.4.3 fails silently

Hello Forum,

I am currently trying to upload a customized WinPE image of Windows build 1607 (LTSB 2016) in the Preboot Services section of ZCM 11.4.3.

I have followed the instructions here:

https://www.novell.com/documentation/zenworks114/zen11_cm_preboot_imaging/data/bg5jdjy.html

- still, when I choose the .WIM file and click OK, a popup shows up and announces the four files will be downloaded (zenworktodo.exe, a TFTP client lib etc.) and the nothing happens. Watching the iexplore.exe process with Process Monitor shows that it successfully downloads and saves those files to disk, after that, nothing happens anymore.

How would I go about debugging this?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Uploading WinPE image to ZCM 11.4.3 fails silently

Try starting with "Run As Administrator" on your browser....yes even if you are a local admin.
This can fix some UAC elevation issues..............
--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

CRAIGDWILSON;2457657 wrote:
Try starting with "Run As Administrator" on your browser....yes even if you are a local admin.
This can fix some UAC elevation issues..............

Gave that a try, no change in behaviour though 😞
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

In general, This issue comes down to device security where local disk access is getting blocked.

Perhaps give FF a try....

For IE, make sure the server is in a trusted zone....make sure the trusted zone as loose restrictions as possible...
--
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Also really disable UAC.............

Test stuff such as regedit and make sure it does not prompt and it gives you rights to HKLM settings.
Often UAC is not as off as ppl think.

Once UAC is off try it again.
In most cases disabling UAC is not necessary, but there are soo many permutations on different settings this could be a simple test.

Then turn UAC back on when done.
--
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I'm experiencing the exact same issue at the moment. Tried disabling UAC, running IE as admin and even tried on win7/server 2012/win10 machines to rule out a potential Win10 specific issue. Have you managed to get anywhere with this at all?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.