Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
nop19832 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

User rights to create a custom report

Hi there.

Can one please tell mé if it's possible to create custom reports without granting the super admin rights? :confused:

-- Niels I have always liked... Cowabunga! If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. A member must be logged in before s/he can assign reputation points.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
15 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: User rights to create a custom report

nop1983;2097446 wrote:
Hi there.

Can one please tell mé if it's possible to create custom reports without granting the super admin rights? :confused:

Novell Doc: ZENworks 11 System Reporting Reference - Understanding and Assigning the Reporting Rights ?

Thomas
0 Likes
nop19832 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks, missed that 😉

-- Niels I have always liked... Cowabunga! If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. A member must be logged in before s/he can assign reputation points.
0 Likes
nop19832 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

thsundel;2097612 wrote:
Novell Doc: ZENworks 11 System Reporting Reference - Understanding and Assigning the Reporting Rights ?

Thomas

Does this work for you? I've tried to give my user rights, through roles and even by defining it direct on the user, but still the user is not able to delete or create a report :confused:

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

nop1983;2097787 wrote:
Does this work for you? I've tried to give my user rights, through roles and even by defining it direct on the user, but still the user is not able to delete or create a report :confused:

We are still on 10.3.x and it works here. Did you give rights to Reports folder for the admin?

Thomas
0 Likes
nop19832 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

thsundel;2097926 wrote:
We are still on 10.3.x and it works here. Did you give rights to Reports folder for the admin?

Thomas

Yes, even tried a couple of different folders too, but no luck 😞

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

nop1983;2097987 wrote:
Yes, even tried a couple of different folders too, but no luck 😞

So you went into ZCC->Configuration->Click the reportadminuser -> rights tab -> assigned him rights through "Inventory Report Rights" in the left pane under "Administrator Tasks"?

Thomas
0 Likes
nop19832 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

thsundel;2098128 wrote:
So you went into ZCC->Configuration->Click the reportadminuser -> rights tab -> assigned him rights through "Inventory Report Rights" in the left pane under "Administrator Tasks"?

Thomas

Thanks Thomas, sorry for the trouple, this worked. I had to go into another level before I got the "New" obtion, thats what made me miss it.

0 Likes
jfeyen Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

thnx i needed this
0 Likes
nop19832 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Great, me to 😉

0 Likes
Highlighted
sokum Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I must be doing something wrong as I can't seem to grant my Administrator (me) the ability to create reports.

Before I forget: Zenworks 11 on Server 2008 R2
I've followed these instruction without success:
2.1.4 Assigning Reporting Rights to Administrators

By default, a super administrator has the Execute/Publish Report right on the Predefined Reports folder and the Create/Delete Report right on the Custom Reports and the Favorites folders. A super administrator cannot change or override these rights.

Any other administrator must be assigned specific rights on the Predefined Reports, Custom Reports, and Favorites folders.

These reporting rights can also be specified within a role that can be assigned to the administrators. For more information on roles, see "Managing Administrator Roles" in the ZENworks 11 System Administration Reference.

To assign reporting rights to the administrators:

In ZENworks Control Center, click the Configurations tab.

In the Administrators panel, select the administrator to whom you want to assign reporting rights.

In the Assigned Rights panel, click Add, then select Reporting Rights to display the Reporting Rights dialog box.

Click Add to browse for and select the folders or reports to which you want to assign the reporting rights for the administrator.

The rights that you assign to the Reports folder are also automatically applied to the Favorites, Custom Reports, and Predefined Reports folders. You cannot assign rights individually to the contents of the Predefined Reports and the Favorites folders.

Select the reporting rights you want to assign.

You can allow or deny the Create/Delete Report right and Execute/Publish Report right on reports to the administrator.

Click OK.

I did notice that there's a difference between what's actually on the Reports link vs what I can browse to and grant, attached. Never mine I can't seem to locate where to attach pictures.
Anyways:

When browsing to add the folder rights all I see are:
Custom Reports
Favorites
Predefined Reports
which I added all three

But this is what the reports link shows:
ZENworks Reporting Server

Inventory Standard Reports:
Device Lists
Software Applications
Software Files
Hardware Components
Upgrade Readiness

Inventory Custom Reports:
Elementary
Hardware Components
Local Product Creation
Software Applications
Systems
ZCMMAN - System Reports

Could this be the cause of my problems? Since I'm granting to a non-existent folder?

Zenworks 11 on Windows Server 2008 R2 x64:cool: MS SQL 2008 Windows XP & Windows 7 Clients
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

sokum;2116811 wrote:

Could this be the cause of my problems? Since I'm granting to a non-existent folder?

Could be.. I have never tried that, I will try to duplicate.

FYI, upload pics here: Minus - Share simply. and then link to it in your post.

Thomas
0 Likes
sokum Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Your kidding...ok attaching now..

Contex: Contex
Folder: Folder

Zenworks 11 on Windows Server 2008 R2 x64:cool: MS SQL 2008 Windows XP & Windows 7 Clients
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

sokum;2116820 wrote:
Your kidding...ok attaching now..

Contex: Contex
Folder: Folder

Don't have reporting server here so I can't test but did you try: So you went into ZCC->Configuration->Click the reportadminuser -> rights tab -> assigned him rights through "Inventory Report Rights" in the left pane under "Administrator Tasks"? After that the reportadminuser should be able to create reports under the folder you specified.

Thomas
0 Likes
sokum Absent Member.
Absent Member.

No I did not do as you suggested...I never even thought to look on the left pane side of the window. Novell made that a little confusing. But I bow to you for leading a blind man on the correct path.

Thank you.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.