Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Using the ZENworks Cleanup Tool

CRAIGDWILSON;2470888 wrote:
To use the tool w/o needing a Key Provided by Support is to configure an "uninstall password" which can be supplied to the cleanup tool.

I have never be able to get this to work.

I set the Uninstall Password. Then installed the agent on a computer, rebooted then tried using the cleanup tool. It says Idle on agent, Idle on ZESM and stuck on FDE wanting a password even though we do not use FDE. I can never get past this point. Se we just re-image a machine every time.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I see the same problem here. I've been trying to find some step by step instructions on using the utility, but no luck. You would think someone in this forum would have actually used it.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have used it and had it be successful. In my case I am not using ZESM, though. I have set both the uninstall password and the override password in Configuration ~ ZENworks Agent ~ Agent Security in the ZCC. Then generate an installer file from ZEN Tools. Then install that on a WS that doesn't have the agent installed.

If uninstalling from Windows, go to Windows 10 Apps or Windows 7 'Programs and Features', and choose to uninstall the agent. You will get prompted to confirm that you really want to uninstall it and you get the first dialog about not removing the WS data from the ZCC domain, but just doing a local uninstall. Choose the local uninstall. Then after a little while longer, a dialog will pop up asking for a password. This is where you put in the uninstall password.

If using the cleanup tool, on the first dialog, in the upper right, click the radio button to 'Use Administrative Password', then put the password you set for the agent in the 'Uninstall Password - Administrative Password' section below it.

FWIW,

Dan
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I just tried it again on a Win 7 WS that had the ZCM 2017U4 agent on it. I launched the 2017U4 cleanup tool and checked the box to uninstall the agent and 'Uninstall Location Awareness and ZESM features'. Because I had the Micro Focus client on as well, I unchecked the options under the agent uninstall for CASA and 'Return the Microsoft GINA'. Then in the upper right I chose the 'Use Administrator Password' radio button then put in the password that I had set up in the ZCC for agent configuration.

It took about 5 minutes for the uninstall process to complete. It seemed to spend most of its time on uninstalling the "Location Aware and ZESM Agent Status". After rebooting, the agent was gone. However, when I went into Programs and Features I found that although the agent had been removed, the "Novell ZENworks file upload plug-in" app was still installed.

FWIW,

Dan
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

"Novell ZENworks file upload plug-in" is not part of the ZCM agent.
--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

OK, I guess you are right Craig. I was thinking of it as a tool to get rid of all ZENworks components but it is really just the agent cleanup tool.

Dan
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.