Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
gerwil1478
New Member.

Volatile cache

Hi all. Just a query on DLU policy.
I've got my DLU policy set to volatile with a cache life of 5 days.

I read this as creating a user profile on the local drive and if the user does not login in for another 5 days then the profile (and files) are deleted.

Who does the deleting? My test users profile is still there after 5 days even after I've logged on to the device.

Cheers
Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Volatile cache

GERWIL,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your
posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply.

Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options:

- Visit http://support.novell.com and search the knowledgebase and/or check all
the other self support options and support programs available.
- You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted in the
correct newsgroup. (http://forums.novell.com)

Be sure to read the forum FAQ about what to expect in the way of responses:
http://forums.novell.com/faq.php

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept our apologies
and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our posting bot.

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://support.novell.com/forums/

0 Likes
adrockk Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

GERWIL;1950074 wrote:
Hi all. Just a query on DLU policy.
I've got my DLU policy set to volatile with a cache life of 5 days.

I read this as creating a user profile on the local drive and if the user does not login in for another 5 days then the profile (and files) are deleted.

Who does the deleting? My test users profile is still there after 5 days even after I've logged on to the device.

Cheers

The docs say: This volatile user account is deleted after the expiry of the specified cache period when another DLU user logs out from the device.

I would imagine you have to log in with another user that has a DLU policy associated with it, and then log out. I use cached volatile user for students, and they do get deleted for me. Are you logging in with a local account to check on the profile/user? Try logging in with another DLU.

0 Likes
gerwil1478
New Member.

Hi
Thanks for the reply

It's about 10 days now and I have logged on and off with other users but the origional test user remains. Both the user, user profile and Documents and settings files. I use the same DLU policy applied to the device and users. Are there are any logs to indicate when a profile is deleted?

Cheers
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

GERWIL;1952965 wrote:
Hi
Thanks for the reply

It's about 10 days now and I have logged on and off with other users but the origional test user remains. Both the user, user profile and Documents and settings files. I use the same DLU policy applied to the device and users. Are there are any logs to indicate when a profile is deleted?

Cheers

Goto NOVELL: Support and search for zcm debug logs.

Thomas
0 Likes
adrockk Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

GERWIL;1952965 wrote:
Hi
Thanks for the reply

Cheers

I'm not sure having the same policy associated to the user and the device is a good idea. Try just associating with one and see if anything changes. I associate DLU only to the users and it seems to work fine for me.

0 Likes
justenglabs Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I added the registry key per the following document and my volatile profiles are all well!!!!

Internal error 0xFFFFFA27 reported when logging into NDS with NMAS enabled FFFFFA27

Sometimes a user directory does remain until the pc is rebooted.... I had never seen more than two profiles for any user after adding this registry key!!!!

After 10.3 issues, finding this fix made my day much better!!!!

Phillip Roberts Assistant Network Administrator Vermont Law School
0 Likes
Highlighted
justenglabs Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I will also note that after upgrading to 10.3 in my test environment a volatile user could not log into a workstation after the desktop was locked. I received the -1497 NICI error. Adding this registry key fixed both issues....

Phillip Roberts Assistant Network Administrator Vermont Law School
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.