Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

WOL bundles to find out

Hi! Over a while!
ZCM 2017.4. Long time over a different ZENworks versions we had set on some bundles (distribution) schedule to wake devices up. Now, when we removed this wol schedule … still seeing server waking devices up. Is there a quick way to find out which bundles still have wol option set?
More thanks, Alar.

Labels (3)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Ok, well, I rephrase my question. Where on ZCM server is placed wol-connected tasks?
Alar.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Wake-on-Lan requests are Quick Tasks.
17.4.0 is when Quick Tasks were moved from webservices to ZeUS.

Apply 17.4 FRU1 (17.4.1) which included optimizations for the ZeUS Quick Task options.

To track down the QuickTask processes check out TID 7023769.

Let me know if this helps,

Paul Pedron

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi and thank You!
Well, perhaps I can’t understand correctly how to accomplish …, but in our case ZCM server does WOL tasks (no issues with that) and … I just can’t find out is there a bundle still using WOL (“dummy”, usually) or server keeps somewhere obsolete (not attached to “dummy” anymore) WOL tasks and running these. Sorry.
More thanks, Alar.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

See if this old Query helps....

https://support.microfocus.com/kb/doc.php?id=7013433

It is old and was for MSSQL....

A co-worker shared this with someone else recently.....so I figured I would post here too...

--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi and thank You!
I'm not sure I can control it, because ... we're here about to losing the Novell's (~ MicroFocus’s) last stronghold, perhaps the very last one in this country. Sorry to say. (And another old “zenworker” out of job, too.)
But thanks anyway!
More thanks, Alar.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Alar,

Could you please let me know how we can change this situation and help you keep ZEN in place?

Please email me directly so we can discuss what else can be done.

Tarik.Baki@microfocus.com

Tel:+31 102864236

Thanks

Tarik

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi!
Well, tried it out anyway, what Mr. Craig sent, and query did work out ok (on Sybase), but … seems to no (time) match what I was looking. Interesting.
More thanks, Alar.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.