Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
tpr520 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Win 7 SP1

We're running zcm 10.2.2. Agents on Win 7 deploy successfully, but not Win 7 SP1. We get the code 21 error "could not determine device type from OS" message. Should I expect that the 10.2.2 agents are incompatible with SP1 computers and always will be? I tried upgrading to 10.3.x a couple of times and went through lots of pain before having to revert to 10.2.2.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
BoNeLeSS Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Win 7 SP1

Indeed Windows 7 SP1 is not supported in 10.2.2. There's fixes to allow windows 7 sp1 registration in ZCM 10.3.1, 10.3.2 and 11.

In 10.3.3 Windows 7 SP1 is recognized, but the support level is still "beta", so your mileage may vary. You can try upgrading stright to 10.3.3 or wait for 10.3.4 or 11.1 for chances of full support.
0 Likes
Highlighted
BoNeLeSS Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Also, search for TID 7007952 for complete information
0 Likes
tpr520 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

BoNeLeSS;2091429 wrote:
Indeed Windows 7 SP1 is not supported in 10.2.2. There's fixes to allow windows 7 sp1 registration in ZCM 10.3.1, 10.3.2 and 11.

In 10.3.3 Windows 7 SP1 is recognized, but the support level is still "beta", so your mileage may vary. You can try upgrading stright to 10.3.3 or wait for 10.3.4 or 11.1 for chances of full support.

Thanks. I've tried twice to upgrade to 10.3 with no luck, so we may just have to bail.
0 Likes
Bob-O-Rama
Visitor.

If you cannot upgrade to 10.3, open a SR, then after they scrape all the crud off, speak to a CSR and have them reverse the charges. Its not worth fiddling with, and if the issue really is some stupid Novell bug, they should help you out of it. I think they would rather have you as a customer than quibble over a single SR, especially if it salvages a customer. This is why sales people exist. Call yours and make an issue of it.

You are the zenking... after all. Put on that crown and demand the royal treatment.

-- Bob
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.