gerdesj Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Win 7 passive login not working

I have a Windows 7 machine with ZCM 10.2.2. The passive login is not working.

Uninstalled ZEN 7 client (reboot)
Uninstalled the Novell client + NICI (reboot)
Installed ZCM 10 agent (ran pre-agent as administrator + reboot)

I can login fine via the blue Z icon.

I've tried a remove and re-install.

I've read rather a lot of forum posts and TIDs. The only thing I could find was in the docs that just states that if you have uninstalled the Novell client then you have to login via the Z icon which is not really very helpful.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
11 Replies
gc48501 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Win 7 passive login not working

I'm seeing the same exact behaivor.

10.2.2 Agent, Novell Client 2, and PC is bound to AD. Previously, I attributed this issue to the limited support that Windows 7 was supposed to have with the previous version.
0 Likes
gerdesj Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I'd be gratefull of someone could tell me that this is the way it is or whether there is a fix. I have another Win 7 client and it does the same.
0 Likes
gerdesj Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I've just seen a Win 7 machine use passive login fine. I've verified that HKLM\Software\MS\Win\CurrentVersion\Authentication looks correct.

I've just put together a Win 7 machine in KVM on my laptop so I have something to play with ...
0 Likes
moorern Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I've been futzing around with this issue for the past couple of days. Wondering if anyone has figured anything out or is it just broken?

I have an AD user source, workstation is in AD with GP applied from there. Windows 7 agent 10.2.2. (Didn't notice if 10.2.1 had the same issue or not). Workstation logs in fine, agent says not logged in, no user applied bundles show. I am able to log in via the Z Icon and then everything seems to work okay.
Now, the funny thing is this doesn't happen 100% of the time. At first I tried moving the workstation to another OU in AD with different policies, and then it worked. So I thought, oh there is a policy causing it. But then that started working on and off and I tried testing every policy setting to figure out what may fix it, to no avail.
Then next for poo poos and ha has I turned off the UAC. Don't know if it's just coincide yet or not, but that seems to allow the passive log in work each time (so far) regardless of the OU it's in and the GP's applied.

My guess is it's just broken and we'll have to wait for the next update for a fix, but if you got any ideas, let me know. Thanks.
0 Likes
gbarvang Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Have you checked hklm\software\novell\Zenworks\ZenLgn\
EnableSeamlessLogin 1 (dword)
0 Likes
gc48501 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I've added this reg key, additionally, I've updated to the latest Novell Client for Windows 7 and it's still not working. I still have to manually log in via the blue Z.

Oddly enough, I've found that if I don't bind the machines to AD, the passive login seems to work consistently.

I can't believe that this doesn't work, very frustrated with this product.
0 Likes
gbarvang Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I'v seen a few problems like this, and then I'v seen in the usenv.log that the machine doesn't get any DC to logon, check if you have any problems with AD/DNS
enable userenv.log: How to enable user environment debug logging in retail builds of Windows
0 Likes
gerdesj Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Might as well answer my own query. It seems that 10.3 has fixed my issue in some way.
0 Likes
Highlighted
carrela Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello,

I have a Win7 machine and ZenWorks 10.3 login is OK. But I can't find the Installations Menu.

Does someone have the same problem ?

Regards,
Alain

P.S: 10.3 Version have problem with the copy files in bundles. All my bundles with copy files doesn't work.

Alain
0 Likes
carrela Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I'm the only who has the problem ?

Alain
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.