Absent Member.
Absent Member.

WinXP Agent deployment - Zen11 Linux Appliance

Hey all,

Zen sure has come a long way since Zen 7. I am trying to setup for a demo a zen 11 appliance with a Win XP workstation. I am trying to deploy the adaptive agent to the first windows device. After reading I understand that the first windows device needs to have the adaptive agent installed manually and that serves as the windows proxy to deploy all future windows machines.

So, I have installed the agent manually on the XP workstation. I then run a discovery on the server and it finds the WinXP workstation. The problem I'm having is the workstation is unmanaged. On the workstation, it's saying that the closest servers are not available.

I'm obviously missing a step somewhere. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

So I found another thread saying to run:

zac reg http://yourzcmserver

from the workstation. That worked, but is there a way to automatically have this done?
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi

Yes the agent deployment should of run the zac reg command post install but may depend on how you deployed. For a manual install of the agent you go to this webpage and then select the agent you want, Windows/Linux and then 32bit or 64bit.

http://zenworkserver/zenworks-setup

this doc may help as well

Novell Documentation

Check section 10.5 Manually Deploying the Agent on Windows.

thanks

Spencer
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Normally this is done automatically when an agent is manually installed.
Not quite sure why it did not in your case.
Perhaps hit could not talk to the server when the agent was installed.

Note: "Discovery and Deployment" is only one way to install the agent.
You can also push the agent you manually applied to your device
automatically via login scripts or many other means as well.

On 12/8/2011 8:26 PM, brembold wrote:
>
> So I found another thread saying to run:
>
> zac reg http://yourzcmserver
>
> from the workstation. That worked, but is there a way to automatically
> have this done?
>
>

--
Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
Novell Knowledge Partner

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.

Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human.
--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.