Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Windows 10 1903 - Microsoft Edge ignoring start page group policy settings

I'm deploying Local group policy via Zenworks for Microsoft Edge.

It section that's not working is \Configure open Microsoft Edge With

I've enable this and set it to A specific page or pages (default).

I've also enable  Configure Starter pages and set URL to  <intranet....><intranet....>

I can see from Zenworks Agent, technician Application, Policies, the Edge policy has applied successfully BUT on Microsoft Edge settings, Open Microsoft Edge with shows "Start Page" and this setting is greyed out (as expected)

Any suggestions on how to fix this?  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Windows 10 1903 - Microsoft Edge ignoring start page group policy settings

I'm fighting that same problem myself at the moment and haven't found a solution yet.  "Configure Start pages" says it is only supported on Domain-joined or MDM-enrolled devices.  I don't have an AD domain and I haven't implemented the ZCM Win10 MDM feature yet.  Not sure if that is the issue or not.  I'll post back if I get it figured out.

--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements in the Idea Exchange forums within this community!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I know how to Fix This.....

I will be putting something out soon on this.....

I just need to do a few more checks, but it is now working on my non-domain PCs w/o a problem.

The only issue is they are now working and my Test GPO sends me places I don't normally use, just so it would be clear it's working.  Once testing is done, I can turn my GPO back off 😉

--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

I got it working once but when I restarted the PC, it stopped working.
I downloaded the ADMX template from Microsoft and imported that but it didn't help.
I've tried both importing ADM and ADMX but it still didn't help.

😞

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

There is a little more to the solution......I'm trying to sanity check a few things with a few folks before sharing any details....

--
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

It has been hit or miss for me with this particular policy.  @CRAIGDWILSON knows his stuff...so I'm sure he will have something for us soon.  Thanks Craig!

--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements in the Idea Exchange forums within this community!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

If you are using ZCM 2020 or later.....

You can "MDM Register" your devices.  This will allow both Chrome and Edge Chromium Policies to work properly.

See - https://community.microfocus.com/t5/ZENworks-Tips-Information/Managing-Chrome-and-Chromium-Edge-GPOs-on-Non-Domain-Joined-PCs/ta-p/2809915

Reminder: MDM Registration support is still considered "Experimental" since there is currently much functionality beyond MDM Enrollment, but that is all that is needed to resolve this issue.  2020 Update 2 is expected to have more features.

--
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.