Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Windows 2019 Terminal Server no ZCM Login over RDP possible

Hello All,

i have a WIN2019 Server, Agent 17.4.0.176 installed, no novell client. Remote Desktop Session Host Role installed, the REG Key "AllowDLUWithoutNovellClient" is set to 1.

It is possible to login on console with edir credentials - but not possible to use the server via mstsc or "launch windows thin client appllication" Bundle. The DLU Policy seems not working over RDP.

Are there any manuals for setting up a WIN2019 as Terminal Server with ZCM17?

Best regards

Michael

Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Try adding this key to the TermServ

AllowPassiveModeLoginOnServers and set to 1.

https://www.novell.com/documentation/zenworks-2017-update-3/zen_sys_registry_keys/data/bvj1efc.html

--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Hello,

sorry, i forgot to say that i also added  this key.

0 Likes
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

And i forgot to say, that the server is a workgroup server, not an AD member.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

If Logons and DLU work via a Keyboard (Or from a VMware Console), then I would double check the setting i posted.  Perhaps a Typo in the value name, under which Key it was placed,  or perhaps it was set to String instead of DWORD.  This key is specifically to allow RDP ZCM logons to servers.

If logons are not working from the Keyboard either (Physical or Virtual VMware), then perhaps another 3rd party credential provider is installed.  If not, maybe reinstalling the ZCM Agent.

It would also be curious if the issue was "JUST DLU".  If after supplying Windows OS credentials, is the user logged into ZCM?  Then perhaps there are some local password requirements not met by the LDAP User Source.

--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Hello,

i found a solution:

on 2019 i have to set following GPO to use DLU over RDP:

(SORRY - i only have the GPO in german)

WIN-Komp\Remotedesktopdienste\Remotedesktopsitzungs-Host\Sicherheit
Benutzerauth mit Auth auf Netzwerkebene ist für Remoteverbindungen erforderlich: deact

WIN-Komp\Remotedesktopdienste\Remotedesktopsitzungs-Host\Sicherheit
Verwenden einer bestimmten Sicherheitsstufe für Remoteverbindungen (RDP) ist erforderlich: activ, set to RDP

WIN-Komp\Remotedesktopdienste\Remotedesktopsitzungs-Host\Verbindungen
Remotestart nicht aufgeführter Programme zulassen: activ

After set those GPOs, DLU over RDP starts working.

Also my ZCM Terminal Bundle works properly 🙂

Best regards

Michael

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.