Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
Terrock Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Windows 7 Group Policy Custom Templates

Hi All,

We are attempting to configure the group policy settings for Windows 7 using ZCM 10.2.2. All works perfectly until we try to add a custom template (Action, Add/Remove Templates) from an adm file. When I select the file, nothing imports. However, if I load up gpedit outside of ZCM, I can add the templates no problem at all. Is this a known issue, or are we missing something obvious?

Thanks in advance.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Windows 7 Group Policy Custom Templates

Terrock,

it just worked for me - after i did the import, I found my ADM settings
under "Classic Administrative Templates"

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Terrock Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks spond,

It turns out there was an issue with the Windows 7 x64 PC I was using - tried it on another windows 7 x86 box and it works fine.

Thanks again.
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Terrock,

OK, good news

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
teejay58 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Terrock;1916968 wrote:
Thanks spond,

It turns out there was an issue with the Windows 7 x64 PC I was using - tried it on another windows 7 x86 box and it works fine.

Thanks again.

Did you ever figure out what was wrong with your PC? Or did you just cheat and reimage it? 😉
0 Likes
penneyb Absent Member.
Absent Member.

teejay58;1999399 wrote:
Did you ever figure out what was wrong with your PC? Or did you just cheat and reimage it? 😉

Pretty sure the documentation says that Windows 7 x64 is not a supported OS for editing policies. I always use a 32bit Windows 7 VM to edit my policies.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.