Highlighted
nyuen Absent Member.
Absent Member.
1546 views

Windows Server ZCM ComputerName Changed

My server guy renamed the development server computer name of my ZCM 10.3a server, because the networking gets confused with this development server and the production server.

My problem now is in ZCM, I still see references of the old server name and I can not ZENworks PXE boot anymore (I wonder, if I have two issues server and networking).

Is there a "What to do after changing Server Computer Name?!?"
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Windows Server ZCM ComputerName Changed

http://www.novell.com/documentation/zcm10/zcm10_system_admin/?page=/documentation/zcm10/zcm10_system_admin/data/bkruf9r.html

(Note: If you have more than one server in the zone, you likely will not
need to touch client devices, since they can pull the updated info from
the 2nd server in many cases.)

On 6/15/2010 2:26 AM, nyuen wrote:
>
> My server guy renamed the development server computer name of my ZCM
> 10.3a server, because the networking gets confused with this development
> server and the production server.
>
> My problem now is in ZCM, I still see references of the old server name
> and I can not ZENworks PXE boot anymore (I wonder, if I have two issues
> server and networking).
>
> Is there a "What to do after changing Server Computer Name?!?"
>
>



--
Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
Novell Knowledge Partner

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.

Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human.
--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
nyuen Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Windows Server ZCM ComputerName Changed

craig_wilson;1987616 wrote:
Novell Documentation

(Note: If you have more than one server in the zone, you likely will not
need to touch client devices, since they can pull the updated info from
the 2nd server in many cases.)

Hmmm, I had two Primary Servers. Both Windows Server computer name were changed and reboot. I would have to ask the Server guy, how long in between the change. All I know is one day he told me that the server names has been changed.

We had the two Primary run for about a week, and one of the Primary was removed from the Zone. Now I only have one server.
0 Likes
nyuen Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Windows Server ZCM ComputerName Changed

nyuen;1988073 wrote:
craig_wilson;1987616 wrote:
Novell Documentation

(Note: If you have more than one server in the zone, you likely will not
need to touch client devices, since they can pull the updated info from
the 2nd server in many cases.)

Hmmm, I had two Primary Servers. Both Windows Server computer name were changed and reboot. I would have to ask the Server guy, how long in between the change. All I know is one day he told me that the server names has been changed.

We had the two Primary run for about a week, and one of the Primary was removed from the Zone. Now I only have one server.


After passing the information "11.3.3 Changing the DNS Name or the IP Address and DNS Name of the Primary Server after Installing ZENworks 10 Configuration Management" document to my server guy.

He fixed the Certificates and now everything seems to be back to normal.

Thanks Craig!!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.