UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Commodore
Commodore

Windows to ZENworks password sync when off network

Jump to solution

We are running ZCM 20 appliance and OES 2018 SP2 and GroupWise and Messenger 2018.  ZCM, GroupWise and Messenger all get authentication from eDir.  Because of Covid we have most users with laptops working remotely. I'm trying to understand where ZENworks looks for authentication.  If a user remotely changes their laptop password, the next time they log on to the laptop they are prompted by ZENworks for the password and they have to use the previous password for it instead of the new one they just set.  They have to bring the laptop into the office and log into the network to get things synced up.

What is the best way to allow for remote password change?  I believe there is a feature with GroupWise where you can change the GroupWise password and it will go back and change the eDir password which would solve the GroupWise and Messenger issue for a remote user.  But what about ZENworks?  Right now I don't have the firewall open so that ZENworks can talk to the network when out of the office.  Is that what I need to do so that ZCM will see the password change?

Thanks,

Dan

Labels (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

If you have questions, let me know.  There is ALOT of data there.  20.1 docs had LOTS of info added.  So it may be information overload, maybe some items are missed. 

In the past, there were far less details which was both good and bad 🙂

--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Most likely, you would want to set up a Primary in the DMZ.

The 2020.1 Best Practice Guide has a DMZ Section.

https://www.novell.com/documentation/zenworks-2020-update-1/zen_cm_deployment_bp/data/t49ifjlwfu5m.html

Most of it should be applicable to older versions.

--
0 Likes
Commodore
Commodore

Craig, this is a very small environment with no DMZ.  I would just punch holes through the firewall to the ZCM server.  I'll look at the article you mentioned.

Dan

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

If you have questions, let me know.  There is ALOT of data there.  20.1 docs had LOTS of info added.  So it may be information overload, maybe some items are missed. 

In the past, there were far less details which was both good and bad 🙂

--

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.