Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
1311 views

Workstation power off/on Policy

Hello NG

I work with ZCM11 and i want to set a power on/off policy for specific
workstations at a specific day. How can I do this?

Thanks in advance for your help
Ramon

Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Workstation power off/on Policy

Ramon Lustrati;2180564 wrote:
Hello NG

I work with ZCM11 and i want to set a power on/off policy for specific
workstations at a specific day. How can I do this?

Thanks in advance for your help
Ramon


Create a bundle and assign to device and set it's launch schedule to the specific time you want the workstation to go down. The launch action command would be something like %WinDir%\System32\shutdown.exe and with parameter -s -t 60 -c "System is going to shutdown".

Microsoft Corporation

Thomas
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Workstation power off/on Policy

thsundel;2180573 wrote:
Create a bundle and assign to device and set it's launch schedule to the specific time you want the workstation to go down. The launch action command would be something like %WinDir%\System32\shutdown.exe and with parameter -s -t 60 -c "System is going to shutdown".

Microsoft Corporation

Thomas


To wake up create a bundle assign to device and in the bundle distribution schedule choose when to wake up device and check the "Wake-on-LAN" box at the bottom of that page.

Thomas
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Workstation power off/on Policy

Thsundel,

> Create a bundle and assign to device and set it's launch schedule to
> the specific time you want the workstation to go down. The launch action
> command would be something like %WinDir%\System32\shutdown.exe and with
> parameter -s -t 60 -c "System is going to shutdown".


or use the native features of ZCM? http://www.novell.com/documentation/zenworks11/zen11_cm_software_distribution/data/action_reboot.html

--

Shaun Pond


0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Workstation power off/on Policy

spond;2180604 wrote:
Thsundel,

> Create a bundle and assign to device and set it's launch schedule to
> the specific time you want the workstation to go down. The launch action
> command would be something like %WinDir%\System32\shutdown.exe and with
> parameter -s -t 60 -c "System is going to shutdown".


or use the native features of ZCM? Novell Doc: ZENworks 11 SP1 Software Distribution Reference - Action - Reboot/Shutdown

--

Shaun Pond


Yes, a much better approach... memory fails from time to time 🙂

Thomas
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.