Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

ZCC Helper not found after updating to 2020.1

Jump to solution

ZCC Helper was working fine on my PC and another management PC.  ZCM was 2020 and both PCs were running Windows 10.  Updated Zenworks to 2020.1 and now I get "Unable to detect ZCC Helper on this device."  I have downloaded and installed the new ZCC Helper multiple times with no change.  Any suggestions while I keep digging?  Thanks!

--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements in the Idea Exchange forums within this community!
Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: ZCC Helper not found after updating to 2020.1

Jump to solution

Instead of not protecting all java application as mentioned in my previous post, you can make things tighter by just making an Exploit Mitigation exception for gptool.exe, javaw.exe, and zcchelper.exe.  I'm not sure if all three are necessary, but it definitely works this way.  A little trial and error might narrow it down to just one or two of them.

--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements in the Idea Exchange forums within this community!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Ken,

That is a new one one me.....I've sent you a message, suggesting turning this into an Official SR since I know you are entitled to those.

--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

A quick status update on this.  Opened an SR and @CRAIGDWILSON  took a look at it with me.  Turns out Sophos anti-virus is blocking the zcchelper from running.  I have been using Sophos for well over 15 years and this is the first time it has ever prevented a legitimate application from running on my network.  I'll post back when I have a workaround.

--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

I'm hoping to get more info from Sophos.  So far the only solution is to create a separate Sophos policy for any PCs I use to manage ZCM.  In that policy, I need to uncheck "Protect Java applications".  Unfortunately, this is a much larger exception than I would prefer.  Hoping to be able to create an exception for the specific application.  There is a thread I started in the Sophos community about this at https://community.sophos.com/products/sophos-central/f/general/121499/lockdown-preventing-valid-application-from-running/441771

--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

Instead of not protecting all java application as mentioned in my previous post, you can make things tighter by just making an Exploit Mitigation exception for gptool.exe, javaw.exe, and zcchelper.exe.  I'm not sure if all three are necessary, but it definitely works this way.  A little trial and error might narrow it down to just one or two of them.

--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

I just worked on this some more to tighten things up.  Turns out GPTool.exe and ZCCHelper.exe do not need to be excluded in Sophos, so I deleted the exceptions for them.  I modified the javaw.exe exception to include the exact path.  It is the one located in the ZENworks folder.

--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.