Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ZCM 10.2 Install Problem - Domain not found...

I'm trying to install ZCM 10.2 fresh on a new W2k3x64 application server and an existing MS SQL DB server. I was able to complete the installation one time, and it finished with errors in the log. I was watching the directory on the remote DB server, and a DB showed up in the list and dissappeared!

The issue looks like the syntax problem between the domain name "DOMAIN" and the name "DOMAIN.com". If I don't put "DOMAIN.com" (and put simply 'DOMAIN') in the initial install screen where I enter my admin credentials, I'm unable to get past the screen. It says that the domain could not be reached. If I put in DOMAIN.com, it completes, but it tries to use "DOMAIN.com\DBUser" for the DB user config, which fails! And you are unable to edit the domain entry in the page where the db user creds are entered.

What should I be entering for the domain? The server is operating fine on the domain, wins and dns are working fine.

Ideas?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ZCM 10.2 Install Problem - Domain not found...

geenick;1807135 wrote:
I'm trying to install ZCM 10.2 fresh on a new W2k3x64 application server and an existing MS SQL DB server. I was able to complete the installation one time, and it finished with errors in the log. I was watching the directory on the remote DB server, and a DB showed up in the list and dissappeared!

The issue looks like the syntax problem between the domain name "DOMAIN" and the name "DOMAIN.com". If I don't put "DOMAIN.com" (and put simply 'DOMAIN') in the initial install screen where I enter my admin credentials, I'm unable to get past the screen. It says that the domain could not be reached. If I put in DOMAIN.com, it completes, but it tries to use "DOMAIN.com\DBUser" for the DB user config, which fails! And you are unable to edit the domain entry in the page where the db user creds are entered.

What should I be entering for the domain? The server is operating fine on the domain, wins and dns are working fine.

Ideas?

Sorry to reply to my own post, but I've tried a few things with no success. I've re-joined the server to the domain named "DOMAIN", instead of "DOMAIN.COM". I had a feeling that the method in which I joined the server to the domain was causing the issue.

Has anybody else seen this type of issue?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

geenick,

>Sorry to reply to my own post, but I've tried a few things with no
>success. I've re-joined the server to the domain named "DOMAIN", instead
>of "DOMAIN.COM". I had a feeling that the method in which I joined the
>server to the domain was causing the issue.

I think another version is user@domain

You might check the SQL logs and see what is actually coming across the
wire. Another option is to create the database manually, configure a user
that ZCM will use for authentication. Sometimes that works better for me.

--
Jared Jennings
Novell Support Forums Sysop
Senior Systems Architect, Data Technique, Inc.
http://www.datatechnique.com

My Blog and Wiki with Tips, Tricks, and Tutorials
http://jaredjennings.org
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jared Jennings;1809178 wrote:
geenick,

>Sorry to reply to my own post, but I've tried a few things with no
>success. I've re-joined the server to the domain named "DOMAIN", instead
>of "DOMAIN.COM". I had a feeling that the method in which I joined the
>server to the domain was causing the issue.

I think another version is user@domain

You might check the SQL logs and see what is actually coming across the
wire. Another option is to create the database manually, configure a user
that ZCM will use for authentication. Sometimes that works better for me.

--
Jared Jennings
Data Technique, Inc. — Information Technology Consulting Solutions

Main Page - ZENWorks Wiki

Jared, thanks for the reply!

I tried user@domain and it would not allow me to leave the "Domain:" field blank.

I have also tried the database install local to the DB server and it failed the same way. Even using localhost for the db address, it was unable to complete the installation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

geenick,

>I have also tried the database install local to the DB server and it
>failed the same way. Even using localhost for the db address, it was
>unable to complete the installation.

Do you mind increasing the level for the install log and posting it?

See TID 3418069

--
Jared Jennings
http://www.datatechnique.com

http://jaredjennings.org
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Here is the txt log file.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

And here is a zipped version of the XML log file.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

OK, I have another update! I attempted the installation using the 10.1 codebase, and it WORKED. This was literally minutes after trying the 10.2 installation with the exact same parameters. I did not complete the install since I want a base install starting at 10.2, but I was able to get further with the old code.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.