Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ZCM 10 on NOWS SBE 2

Hi all,

again testing something for evaluating purpose. This time I wanted to install the ZCM 10 on the NOWS SBE 2. If we buy the licenses later on, there should be no problem, means, the ZCM 10 Standard should be licensed correctly?

Well, nevertheless before thinking of running it in a production environment I have to install it somehow. I downloaded the sbu from download.novell.com. I uploaded it to the server. Now I should be able to add the ZENworks comfortably with the NOWS web interface. Well, I tried so, but the installation just hangs. It says "Starting installation process" and that for hours.
I even installed mono manually form these repository: Mono trunk Downloads -- sles-10-i586
nothing's better ...

Ideas? Thanks in Advance! 🙂
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ZCM 10 on NOWS SBE 2

erich3542;1901345 wrote:
Hi all,

again testing something for evaluating purpose. This time I wanted to install the ZCM 10 on the NOWS SBE 2. If we buy the licenses later on, there should be no problem, means, the ZCM 10 Standard should be licensed correctly?

Well, nevertheless before thinking of running it in a production environment I have to install it somehow. I downloaded the sbu from download.novell.com. I uploaded it to the server. Now I should be able to add the ZENworks comfortably with the NOWS web interface. Well, I tried so, but the installation just hangs. It says "Starting installation process" and that for hours.
I even installed mono manually form these repository: Mono trunk Downloads -- sles-10-i586
nothing's better ...

Ideas? Thanks in Advance! 🙂

Or my other option would be to install it without the NOWS-Web Interface. Just download the ZCM 10 from download.novell.com and install the install.sh. Are there any issues with the licensing, if I do it that way? Actually, we haven't a license yet, just setting up the system. If I would add the NOWS-license later on, would there be any problems with the ZCM 10, if it isn't installed through the NOWS-Web-interface?

Has someone tried this before? Any ideas? Thanks ...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

erich3542;1902586 wrote:
Or my other option would be to install it without the NOWS-Web Interface. Just download the ZCM 10 from download.novell.com and install the install.sh. Are there any issues with the licensing, if I do it that way? Actually, we haven't a license yet, just setting up the system. If I would add the NOWS-license later on, would there be any problems with the ZCM 10, if it isn't installed through the NOWS-Web-interface?

Has someone tried this before? Any ideas? Thanks ...

Problem here.

I klick on "Install" and nothing happen. 😕
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Okay my fault. I reset my VM and now i can download the ZCM over the web-admin.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

according to this thread you could install ZCM (or every NOWS SBE) component separately without any problem, but you cannot upgrade the product until wanted upgrade is bundled in SBE.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.