Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
rjaggers Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ZCM 10 vis ZCC and Zen 7 via CS1 - Remote Control problems

Hi I wonder if you can help me?!

We are using Zen 7 remote management via Console 1 and ZCM 10 via the ZCC, and are experiencing problems connecting to our remote workers, these are staff that are coming through a VPN.

The ZCC sees the IP addresses of the machines but "fails to connect", and in Console 1 it says "1456 - The remote management agent is unable to read information from the eDirectory server. Verify that the workstation object is valid and the middle tier server is up and running"

Now this was all working lovely before they moved a bank of servers to a new place, but I have been informed this is not the reason why it is no longer working.

Can anyone on here shed some light on my problem please?

Thanks

Bex
Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
3 Replies
AndrewMallett Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ZCM 10 vis ZCC and Zen 7 via CS1 - Remote Control problems

Your workstations would appear to be not contactable by the remote
control agent. Can you ping the workstations from the workstation that
you are using. This sounds like a NAT issue to me. ZCM SP2 allows you
to, connect to a remote control proxy server that needs a public
accessible address from both the controlling and the controlled workstation.

0 Likes
rjaggers Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ZCM 10 vis ZCC and Zen 7 via CS1 - Remote Control proble

Andrew,

This sounds very much like my problem, if I get a set of ports opened on the firewall will this be a workaround while we test the sp2 on our system?

Thanks

Bex
0 Likes
andystewartSL Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ZCM 10 vis ZCC and Zen 7 via CS1 - Remote Control proble

Should only need to open up the RM port 5950 to allow remote control of the VPN machines.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.