Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ZCM 11.0 - Cumulative Agent Patch 1 - Known issues

Hey,

For those of you deploying this, please reply to this thread with issues you encounter and a few lines about your setup (eDir/AD usersource, Client OS and Server OS).

I ask this because I've tested the file prior to the release (and the earlier ZESM fixes), I've had negative results that impact the implementation of the fix.

The error I am getting after deploying this is a massive increase in the time the agent service takes to start up, up to 5 minutes extra on a relatively new computer (Dell Latitude E5410), making such things as login with new userprofile and the NWC increase dramatically.... When the service is started, it is however fixed as they say, regarding the Location Awareness engine that was my initial problem(The TID also lacks VMXNET 3 network controller from the affected)...

This is not an attack on Novell or anything, its just that I want more information from others, if its my setup or if its common, other issues etc. (I really want Novell to be more open though, so its easier to work with your products, and I hope they fix their RSS feeds!)

Best Regards,
Rune "TheFlyingCorpse" Darrud
Labels (2)
0 Likes
69 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I've also successfully deployed the bundle directly from ZCM.

I think the main issue was the time to test such a bundle vs the desire
to get the fix out.

On 4/13/2011 1:06 PM, theflyingcorpse wrote:
>
> If you are experiencing issues, I'd wager the resource cost of upgrading
> the machines versus the problems, if they are having any at the moment.
>
> In my org, 860 pc's atm, 4000 more over the coming 2 months, will be
> deployed with the updated agent.
> Those already setup with the old(840 at the moment), will get a special
> bundle unlike the official suggested way, that can be run at async times
> when it fits for the user. Spawn a separate cmd as system and do the
> update. There is no driverupdate in the CAP, which is why it works. 🙂
>
>

--
Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
Novell Knowledge Partner

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.

Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human.
--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Another issue with the patche: windows xp machine, with zcm agent 10.1.3. I have pushed the agent 11 upgrade fix, and after reboot, can't autologin to ZCM zone. I desinstall the zen client, a error occurs. I reboot, then try to reinstall from scratch the zen11 agent but no luck, system tell me that agent is already there......

It was a machine in production, we still have zen7, so I reinstall the zen 7 agent to the client to rapidly correct the issue. Great, zen7 is more robust than zen10/11

I'm afraid of Zen10/11 product !!! It seems that there is no stability !! What if we have 5000 clients to upgrade ?
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Dominicm,

> zcm agent
> 10.1.3. I have pushed the agent 11 upgrade fix,
>

the update says that ZCM 11 is a pre-requisite, it's an update of the
agent, not a way to install the ZCM 11 agent on an earlier base...

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Actually it's mostly problems with the locations that is my concerns. Got some workstations that have the "*UNKNOWN*" specified, wich gives me some other problems... Is there an individual fix for that maby?

/Niels

-- Niels I have always liked... Cowabunga! If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. A member must be logged in before s/he can assign reputation points.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

nop1983;2096318 wrote:
Actually it's mostly problems with the locations that is my concerns. Got some workstations that have the "*UNKNOWN*" specified, wich gives me some other problems... Is there an individual fix for that maby?

/Niels

That should be fixed with the update to ZESM which is included in CAP1. If you have updated it correctly, it should be fixed if your Location rules are correct 😉
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yep, that would be nice. And this fix is only included in the CAP1, right? 🙂

-- Niels I have always liked... Cowabunga! If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. A member must be logged in before s/he can assign reputation points.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You can take out the setup.exe and apply only that fix by stopping the services and killing the Zen processes(dont stop the ZES*), however it is not recommended because of the other fixes in the other modules that should also be applied, like fixes for satellite authentication etc 😉

There are also some fixes related to policies and hibernation/sleep, that's I highly recommend to apply the whole fix 😉
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Nop1983,

> And this fix is only included in the CAP1,
> right? 🙂
>

right

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sounds like the right way to do that, yes.

Thanks

/Niels

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Then that's the way to go.
Thanks

/Niels

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Note: Some of the other MSIs also work with the ZESM patch to fix
location issues. The ZESM patch itself may help, but if it does not you
may need the other fixes.

On 4/14/2011 3:06 AM, theflyingcorpse wrote:
>
> You can take out the setup.exe and apply only that fix by stopping the
> services and killing the Zen processes(dont stop the ZES*), however it
> is not recommended because of the other fixes in the other modules that
> should also be applied, like fixes for satellite authentication etc 😉
>
> There are also some fixes related to policies and hibernation/sleep,
> that's I highly recommend to apply the whole fix 😉
>
>

--
Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
Novell Knowledge Partner

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.

Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human.
--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Okay, can you specify wich msi's this is?

/Niels

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.